Sooke Report

Tailspin

Headed out of Cheanuh tommorow to chase some chubby Wint's on some light gear. Maybe hit Whirl or just soak up the sun in the bay, before the monsoons come again. A few high teeners starting to show there beeks as they chase the herring in.[:p]

We'll be out on saturday...it is good right now, right off harbour
mouth. Some real nice fish[:p]

Mad Dog Bad Dog!LOL Glad to see your off your chain!LOL Lets get together for some cold ones. Hali soon march in my spot.

I can comment off of vic talked to a fellow guide and said it was great out on constance today biggest was a 22 lber white feeder spring too said it was a great fight.

Wolf

was at outfitters today , same type report from there boat ... did hear Ward lost a gooder

ha ha

thats fishin

tubbed

i heard oak bay is supposly being really good right now?

Well it appears all is pretty good then! I also know a guy who hit two 25- 30# hali off the bluffs chasing springs this week, released off course. Now is the time when you are not pestered by fatally hooking flasher sized fish all day before getting a decent one on. There is less action than early Dec but a 20# wint on light gear is a scream. This full Bright winter moon may have an adverse effect on the fat lil buggers tommorow.

Sounds "Hali" good Real Addiction! March in your spot and then June in Uci or is it Kyuquot for the big bert this year?. The housebuilding chain has lenghtened some,see ya soon.

quote:Originally posted by Mongoose

i heard oak bay is supposly being really good right now?

Trolled the Flats for about 3 hours today around the high tide change....only one small one that we threw back.

Maddog, looks to me like he could have kept the Halibut if it was yesterday. Looks like it opened yesterday unless I am reading the reg wrong.

quote:Originally posted by maddog

Headed out of Cheanuh tommorow to chase some chubby Wint's on some light gear. Maybe hit Whirl or just soak up the sun in the bay, before the monsoons come again. A few high teeners starting to show there beeks as they chase the herring in.[:p]

How was the action Maddog ??

Craven,

Pretty Slow overal, On the water by 0900 with my buddy who developed a bad case of salmonilla, subsequently requiring the day off work. Hit whirl Bay to start off, talked to Seaghost who had nada! Dredged the bottom hard in a heavy flood and scraped up one lil 4# er that was released. Pushed are way to Church and bucked the backeddy in the flood and Nada! Whirl turned up a bit after we moved to the bay with a whopping 8# in Gav's box.

Pulled up and headed back into the Bay, 5 boats and not a sniff. Settled up my Moorage spot for another year wich was down to 12 spots left and going at five a day? Ramp outta be just a tad busy this year![xx(]

Then we got the news of likley sale and headed to the Station House for some Suicide Wings, Great Scenery and a few Pints to drown some sorrow.[xx(][xx(][xx(]

I was fishing off Clover this morning ...
5 strikes including a double header in a 40 min.period
lost 2 good ones and released 3 small but legal fish.
Purple haze and green/glo hootchies at 150'-165'
Woulda been a perfect day if the bigger ones stayed on !!

well after sleepng in and geting a late start, today was still a good day on the water ..got 2 small ones and let them go got 1 to take home and had 4 more hit the gear and pop off then when i was making my last tack in to the harbour ... lost a real nice one behind the boat due to a wore out tail leader. was using anchovie on one side and a green hootchy on the other side...didn't seem to make much difference...at the the end of the day headed to the local gear shop in sooke and picked up more line to retie my gear and try again soon.

Back