SOLD 2005 Northern Lite 8’5” Northern Series Camper

Corey_lax

Crew Member
Can’t believe the prices on these things nowadays so we are listing our camper. New ones are $80k now so it raised the value of the old ones. One almost identical to mine in year and condition just sold for $32,000 on the island.

Don’t flame me for the price. I know it’s higher than you think they are worth, but it’s what they go for lol. Will definitely give a good deal to SFBC members lol.

Can’t believe the prices on these things nowadays so we are listing our camper. New ones are $80k now so it raised the value of the old ones. One almost identical to mine in year and condition just sold for $32,000 on the island.

Don’t flame me for the price. I know it’s higher than you think they are worth, but it’s what they go for lol. Will definitely give a good deal to SFBC members lol.
That’s a sweet camper and definitely priced for todays market. Short box campers are hard to come by in good shape.

I have been shopping to upgrade my camper for a few months. I am mind boggled the price they are now. I really want a Lance 855S but no way I can bring myself to even buy a used one.

Good luck with the sale!

Love the dual awning and electric jacks plus it will work on a 3/4ton and a few 1/2 tons to tow a boat too
It wouldn’t go on a half ton. Way too heavy. 2500 minimum. I have a one ton and I got air bags after a few trips. It wasn’t needed but air bags are cheap for the benefits you get from them. Although we had a ton of stuff crammed inside before I pulled it out for cleaning it up. I have 7 rubbermaids of things that were in there so I suppose that could be a lot of weight. Plus you add your food, water tank full, clothes, etc and it’s a lot more than 1,900 pounds

That’s a sweet camper and definitely priced for todays market. Short box campers are hard to come by in good shape.

I have been shopping to upgrade my camper for a few months. I am mind boggled the price they are now. I really want a Lance 855S but no way I can bring myself to even buy a used one.

Good luck with the sale!
The slide out on those would be really nice. Makes it feel a lot bigger.

We’ve outgrown the camper so time to switch to a 26’ +/- travel trailer instead.

It wouldn’t go on a half ton. Way too heavy. 2500 minimum. I have a one ton and I got air bags after a few trips. It wasn’t needed but air bags are cheap for the benefits you get from them. Although we had a ton of stuff crammed inside before I pulled it out for cleaning it up. I have 7 rubbermaids of things that were in there so I suppose that could be a lot of weight. Plus you add your food, water tank full, clothes, etc and it’s a lot more than 1,900 pounds
New F150, claim to a package that has up to 3200lbs payload, probably impossible to find on a lot. Agree a 3/4 or more is a good idea.https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/content/dam/vdm_ford/live/en_us/ford/nameplate/f-150f-150/2022/collections/3_2/2022_Ford_F150_Towing_Info_Oct20.pdf

New F150, claim to a package that has up to 3200lbs payload, probably impossible to find on a lot. Agree a 3/4 or more is a good idea.https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/content/dam/vdm_ford/live/en_us/ford/nameplate/f-150f-150/2022/collections/3_2/2022_Ford_F150_Towing_Info_Oct20.pdf
Links broken but….

Attachments

• IMG_3610.jpeg
    IMG_3610.jpeg
    29.9 KB · Views: 26

Are you going to double
your money on this thing?

Are you going to double
I didn’t buy that one, but yes I’ll double my money on it. I got a good deal on ours at the time and now the prices are sky high

Are you going to double
😄 I love the Internet detectives!

Nice camper. We had a 9’6 Northern Lite and sold it for a Bigfoot 10’6 with dry bath. Years ago my wife wanted to sell it and buy a TT, but I refused. I do all the driving and didn’t want to give up the flexibility of a TC. We still have the Bigfoot and my 19 year old daughter said, I’m not allowed to sell it. It has “family heirloom “ status now. Whatever you end up with, it’ll create lots of great memories.
Best of luck with the sale!

I had a 8’5” Northern Lite for a few years. Had it on a first-gen Tundra (airbags!!!) then put it on a Nissan Titan XD which technically is a 5/8 Ton.

In both trucks, airbags were the key to control the weight. Two summers ago I I found an 8’11” with the U shaped dinette—-I did a 2,000 km drive to get that one—-they’re hard to find where I live so I did what I had to do to lock her up

I finally stepped up for a 3/4 ton (F250 gasser) ——makes all the difference in the world to have the right truck!

This was the 8’5” back in the good old days... it was -5 C on that trip....all my vegetables froze in the truck but I slept like a baby in that N.L.

CAD65C2C-4389-4C28-84CF-5E371233BFB8.jpeg

Nice camper. We had a 9’6 Northern Lite and sold it for a Bigfoot 10’6 with dry bath. Years ago my wife wanted to sell it and buy a TT, but I refused. I do all the driving and didn’t want to give up the flexibility of a TC. We still have the Bigfoot and my 19 year old daughter said, I’m not allowed to sell it. It has “family heirloom “ status now. Whatever you end up with, it’ll create lots of great memories.
Best of luck with the sale!
I’d love to keep the camper but with a two year old and a dog, we want a little more room. It’s just a little cramped with bikes, toys, etc.. The intention was to camp and pull the boat to the island a lot but it only happened a handful of times. And I can go on a charter for a day to get my fishing fix for the cost of bringing the boat over the ferry haha.

I have a 2010 NL 8’11 Special addition on a F350 short box with air bags and an on board compressor. The rear overhang is 3’ which pretty much restricts towing a 7000 lb boat without a $2k super hitch thru torklift. Bought it used in 2016 for $20k. The original owner paid $38k so what I am hearing from the post if I decided to sell I may get 30k for it. Hmmm.
Towing, nothing less than a beefed up 3/4 ton. My choice a 1 ton. Camper with a tip out road legal on a dually.

Attachments

• D3090EF8-84D3-494A-8679-2E66FB624163.jpeg
    D3090EF8-84D3-494A-8679-2E66FB624163.jpeg
    410.1 KB · Views: 16
You'll find that payload in a regular cab,2wd, long box f150. Most crew cab half tons land under 2000lbs, some lower than 1500.

You'll find that payload in a regular cab,2wd, long box f150. Most crew cab half tons land under 2000lbs, some lower than 1500.
This is true. Not to mention that the plate on the camper usually is a little on the light side. Mine says it's 1900 pounds dry weight but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a little more than that. I'd like to weight it now that it's completely empty of gear/water but too much effort to take the canopy off and drive to a scale. Does anyone have a car scale that I could borrow? Or know where to rent one?

Back