Sockeye up to 4

drhook

Good news for those targeting sockeye. Gett'em while you can boys!:p

Fishery Notice

Category(s): RECREATIONAL - Salmon
Subject: FN0784-SALMON: Change to Sockeye Daily limit in most Southern BC Tidal Waters
The current status of the Fraser River sockeye salmon returns provides for
increased daily limits of sockeye salmon for recreational fisheries in most
Southern B.C. marine waters as noted below:

Effective 00:01 hours Thursday, August 25 until further notice, in the
following areas, the daily limit for sockeye by recreational fishing is four
(4) per day:

- Areas 11 and 111;
- Area 12
- Area 13 (Johnstone Strait);
- Areas 14, 15, 17, 18 and 19 (Strait of Georgia);
- Area 20 (Juan de Fuca Strait);
- Areas 21, 121 and 123 to 127 (West Coast of Vancouver Island). Note: Area 23
(Barkley Sound and Alberni Inlet) is open to retention of Somass sockeye (refer
to FN0447);
- Area 28 (Howe Sound, Burrard Inlet and Indian Arm);
- Area 29, except Subarea 29-8 (Strait of Georgia and the tidal waters of the
Fraser River).

Sockeye retention is not permitted in the following areas:

- Area 16 - remains closed to sockeye retention in order to protect Sakinaw
Lake sockeye. Sakinaw Lake sockeye continue to migrate in to the lake and at
this time there is no proposed opening of Subareas 16-19 to 21 (Sabine
Channel);
- Area 22 (Nitinat Lake);
- Areas 24 to Areas 27 inclusive;
- Subarea 29-8 (Boundary Bay);

The next update regarding the status of Fraser River sockeye will be Friday,
August 26, 2011 following the next Fraser River Panel meeting.

Variation Order No. 2011-411.

Still doesn't make up for the halibut season ending. What will DFO do next to appease us, 4 a day limit on coho in february?
Anyone out there bang off a bunch of sockeye lately?(areas 19 &20). I guess I should be thankful they are giving us the opportunity, right?

Don't kid yourself. This isn't to appease us. It's to justify another bag fleet murderfestival is what it is.

Watch for it...

Don't kid yourself. This isn't to appease us. It's to justify another bag fleet murderfestival is what it is.

Watch for it...

[-raEW_nYcb0] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-raEW_nYcb0

There will be another commercial Fraser opening, there is also rumors that the Straights will open for sockeye and or pinks, and another hit in Nootka next week some time on chinook. DFO is the issue!

There will be Aboriginal and Commercial Openings for another three weeks at least all over. At least for Sockeye and Pink, not surprised. DFO is making hay!

Gee-whiz Mr. DFO, could this reckless move be yet another ploy to portray Fraser Sockeye 'abundance' during the Cohen Inquiry?

Always trying to cover their asses.

Harper needs to step up here and answer to his governments shoddy management of the Pacific Fishery.

Good timing it just so happens the seiners piled into Area 13 last night there goes any fishing we were hoping for. Springs Coho and pinks will be slaughtered as well. Hope anyone that was going to Browns this weekend turns around. What BS dangle a carrot and then take it away the same day its sick.What is DFO doing?

Good timing it just so happens the seiners piled into Area 13 last night there goes any fishing we were hoping for. Springs Coho and pinks will be slaughtered as well. Hope anyone that was going to Browns this weekend turns around. What BS dangle a carrot and then take it away the same day its sick.What is DFO doing?

they have been up there for a few days anyway, we were north of chatham point on tuesday and they were doing sets.

Lorne

Many many commies, not so many sockeye out of browns yesterday. Good thing they upped the limits.

DFO would be better managed if they let 3 nutless monkeys do their decision making.

I find that the socks run a little deeper then the pinks, and if I see 2 schools I fish the deeper one. Works for me most of the time.....BB

Went out for Socs twice in Renny during the last few weeks and got nothing but pinks (and a few springs). Guess that they are there but must have to put a lot of time in to get them..

Back