Sockeye Size this year

sir-vivor

Funny all the reports of large Sockeye being caught near the South Arm, yet my commercial buddy reported after being out for all gill net openings this year in Area 29 he has yet to net anything over 8 lbs. In fact he reported his last set the average size was 5lbs.
Anyone have a picture of those Sockeye over 8 lbs caught this year , or better yet those reporting 10 lbers being caught.
Love to send him a picture of one lol
:rolleyes:

I got one way over 8 a couple weeks ago
image.jpg

The spring next to it was 24lbs 11oz.....buddy at the marina didn't believe it was a soc until I pointed it out

Seems to be about par with other years?
We hit a school of big fish on thurs, out of the 16 we got 3 that tipped the scale at or just a few oz under the 9lb mark, but on fri out of 20 the biggest was 7.
Every big year I seem to find a few select schools of really big fish.

hey Clint

been out a few times , seen a handfull to 9-10 lbs , def bigger friday ,
heres a typical catch weve seen , boats i network with were all about the same size as well ,
perhaps others that have been out there everyday the past week , twice a day !! may have different results lol..
like trout fishin out there , 20 fish in 2 hrs friday , including 3 bonked on a tripple header ta finish the day , no where near the pack !!!!
stripers back later this week , one last kick at the nook , Kyle got 8 LARGE springs yesterday just around the corner from the nook ,
if ya head out again soon , give me a buzz , friends are always out there playin ,,,,

later

felix

Zelko , miss counted , thought he'd had 11 :)

I seined for 10 seasons and have a pretty good idea of what a fish weighs. Adams river fish have always been a shade under 6 lbs on average. In three days my boat caught fish weighing 4,4,5,5,5,5,6,6,6,6,7,7,9,10. Looks like the average weight to me. Little ones get through a gill net sometimes and big ones may not gill, which would explain the similar size of your friend's fish. The average will go up slightly as the summer run (from other rivers) percentage goes down as the later Adams fish percentage goes up.

I took no pics but have got 2-11 lb socks so far out of 40 odd. Lots of 7 & 8 lb ones tho. I have not seen many small ones this yr. Maybe I've been lucky. My fish plant buddy says Johnstone straight fish have been averaging 7 lbs. Enough of these socks, I'm going after springs today.

Back