Sockeye Fraser Opening anyday??

D

Dude

Ive been hearing from people that Sockeye is about to open on the fraser any day now!! is there any truth to this? i did notice bunch of boats with nets in richmond on the river and apparently it was open to the natives so i would assume its about to open soon.
I am new to salmon fishing, was wondering whats lures?? baits? to use to catch Sockeye in the fraser when it does open[8D]

best bait is a bare hook, dude, its a meat fishery, long leeders and catch your 2 and leave that spot after you limit, go put a spin n glo after somewhere different

Can anyone recommend a place to fish from shore for the sockeye run and what rig is good for beginners?

any island from chilliwack up to hope, drive on either highway and look for cars parked, the rig is completely standard, braided mainline, to a swivel/leader saver,weight, long mono leader, sharp hook, cast as needed

Wow its been a grand two weeks of slaying the socks on the Fraser. Freezer is full, now its time to start processing the catch.Best sockeye fishing i have ever seen on the Fraser!!!!

I live in richmond with no boat any areas to catch from shore because ive tried the end of 2rd BUT NOT luck but iseee lots jumping :(

You need to get up to the area from Chilliwack to Hope and find a shore bar to fish from if you dont have a boat. Its very easy to get your limit of sockeye in these areas, usually only a few casts and your done for the day.

Thats sounds great!! how many Pound Line should i be using?? also wut type of bait/lures???

Wow someone new starting out(just like all of us) asking for some tips and a couple of redneck rude fishermen make comments like that. You must be atraight from Peg Leg yourselves.....you give fishermen a bad name.....[V]

quote:Originally posted by barbless

Wow someone new starting out(just like all of us) asking for some tips and a couple of redneck rude fishermen make comments like that. You must be atraight from Peg Leg yourselves.....you give fishermen a bad name.....[V]
What does atraight from Peg Leg yourselves mean[?]

If you ever have fished , and your lure and rod were your hand and arm............you might be a red neck,,,,,,,,,,,,get er done

Gud 1 Cam!! :D

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Back