Smoked Salmon

Fish Assassin

Crew Member
I am sick of smoked salmon. Everyone loves it, but its getting old and boring.

I want some new recipes. Something tottaly different. No salt and sugar recipes with rum and maple syrup glaze.

No overly sweet or sugary candied fish.

I was thinking of using my teriyaki, black pepper and hot chilli pepper jerky recipe for one.

How about a chicken tikka marinade then hot smoke it.

Maybe my favourite BBQ sauce hot smoked and basted a few times.

Any thoughts or recipes you have tried that were successful you can share.

rum maplesyrup honey a third of a cup of each mixed in a cup., baste the fish four to five times during smoking. smaller the pieces better the candy...how the hell could you get sick of that? :p

or maybe try the clubhouse brand cajun marinade, i have never had it smoked but it is my favorite way so far to bbq or oven bake, bet it would be awesome in the smoker..

Ok ok FA Ill take your leftover supply of smoked salmon off your hands and take care of it for you. It will be enjoyed i promise u that haha

I've been playing around with more soy and some sesame oil in my marinades. It is really good with fins and collars:).

rum maplesyrup honey a third of a cup of each mixed in a cup., baste the fish four to five times during smoking. smaller the pieces better the candy...how the hell could you get sick of that? :p
Cause it gets old.... I open a package and eat one piece and end up giving the rest away. Laura and Jess don't even take it in their lunches any more.

Its time to change it up big time.....

or maybe try the clubhouse brand cajun marinade, i have never had it smoked but it is my favorite way so far to bbq or oven bake, bet it would be awesome in the smoker..
Was thinking about them but most are really salty and would have to be rinsed and re seasoned before smoking.

Looking for something not salty or sweet. I just want a burst of flavour.

I skip the smoker chips and put on thick pesto 8 year old is not ready for it but14 year old loves it .know what you mean a guy can only eat so much give most of it away to family and friends

I skip the smoker chips and put on thick pesto 8 year old is not ready for it but14 year old loves it .know what you mean a guy can only eat so much give most of it away to family and friends
Does it freeze well? I love pesto salmon with feta and sun dried tomatoes.

i had a request from some friends of far eastern decent asking me for salmon, man alive ever had a salmon pakora or salmon samosa? WOW..amazing, i would take a bowl of them over a smoked or bbq'd salmon anyday. If you like a little bit of spicy food you would love either of them..I cant wait till i get a another big one because honestly FA i will be taking it right to them in exchange for some of their home made pakora's and samosa's:)

Does it freeze well? I love pesto salmon with feta and sun dried tomatoes.

Haven't froze any yet I was still experimenting in small batches had to make the pesto my self in a magic bullet cause the bought kinds were to oily it dried on nice now that I see feta and tomatoes I may have to go back to drawing board

basil freezes awesome

make your own is easy and now is the time to do it. Hit up your local farmers market you can get a big bag for about 3 bucks. make your own and use as little or much oil as you like.

You have to have some salt in there as thats what preserves it from food poisoning, that's why every recipe calls for it a smoker is a big breeding ground for food born illnesses !!! you have moist and low heat conditions...the FAVORITE for for the pathogens to get ya, just be careful when doing it...

wolf

I was thinking about doing a salt brine then washing it off as per usual. Then brining in a flavour over night. Then tossing it into the Bradley.

I like the pesto idea as it would be sugar free.

Another one I'd like to try is garlic fish. Just buy a tube of crushed garlic from Costco and soak cured fish in that over night.

jusy good old pickling salt brown sugar lemon soy sauce wet chips every hour delishious
Thanks but as I mentioned on the first page more then once I am searching for something new. Other then salt and sugar or soya sauce recipes. Those flavours have gotten old.

Back