smoked salmon for sale??

Not illegal from DFO's point of view if he purchased the salmon from a commercial source and can prove it. Probably illegal from the food inspection boys point of view if you don't have an approved and inspected kitchen but I doubt they would bother him for a small amount. Ahh but let us try and trade salmon or hali for something else and suddenly the non-existant enforcement will show!! LOL

Not illegal from DFO's point of view if he purchased the salmon from a commercial source and can prove it. Probably illegal from the food inspection boys point of view if you don't have an approved and inspected kitchen but I doubt they would bother him for a small amount. Ahh but let us try and trade salmon or hali for something else and suddenly the non-existant enforcement will show!! LOL

But isn't it illegal to sell fish that you catch yourself as a recreational fisher, if that in fact is what he is doing?

Absolutely-my point is that it is illegal to sell,barter or trade any recreationally caught fish. Not illegal to smoke a commercially caught fish that was legally purchased and sell that (from DFO's point of view) unless it breaks food inspection rules.

I wouldn't support this guy. That seems sketchy. Wonder if it's someone from here?

Oh and I just checked the link and ad is gone. Now it's real sketchy like.

Does any one know him? Has any one called him? Maybe he does not use the internet often. Maybe he has the best smoked salmon you have ever tried. My be it is legit. Maybe he would share some secrets..

NO, I do NOT know the seller.

But till you know back off. If it is legal and these are the holidays you could be killing the persons sales. Taking presents for his children from under his tree.

Lay Off...

Does any one know him? Has any one called him? Maybe he does not use the internet often. Maybe he has the best smoked salmon you have ever tried. My be it is legit. Maybe he would share some secrets..

NO, I do NOT know the seller.

But till you know back off. If it is legal and these are the holidays you could be killing the persons sales. Taking presents for his children from under his tree.

Lay Off...

He pulled the ad...might have hit a nerve. If it was sport caught, it is illegal to sell it. IF that is the case, I hope he gets busted. That is pure BS, and I don't mind taking presents from his kids if it teaches them to play by the rules. Direct quote off Dino website stating it is illegal to...." buy, sell, barter or attempt to buy, sell or barter any fish caught by sport fishing.":mad:

He pulled the ad...might have hit a nerve. If it was sport caught, it is illegal to sell it. IF that is the case, I hope he gets busted. That is pure BS, and I don't mind taking presents from his kids if it teaches them to play by the rules. Direct quote off Dino website stating it is illegal to...." buy, sell, barter or attempt to buy, sell or barter any fish caught by sport fishing.":mad:

IF it was sport caught. BUST HIS A..
Still we should not assume. Its not fair.

Well as of today the ad is still up, maybe the link is no good. It has been changed a bit, now he is listed as a commercial seller and he will deliver. Sounds legit.

Well as of today the ad is still up, maybe the link is no good. It has been changed a bit, now he is listed as a commercial seller and he will deliver. Sounds legit.

Glad to hear it.
Maybe next time we should give a guy or gal a chance before hammering on him or her. There are legit people out there with families trying to get by. And at this time of year it can be really tuff on them.
I hope this person does well with their sales.

Interesting to see it posted with that distinction...must have had some feedback from a member of the forum. Hopefully all legit. Only way to tell would be to do an undercover buy. ;)

Only way to tell would be to do an undercover buy. ;)
Do we not have better things to do?? What a joke......A watse of time. I only hope that each and every one of you are are as honest as you make your selfs out to be...

You could be damaging a fishermans or woman's well being.

What the H-LL are you thinking.....

Back