Skiing etc..

D

DaveyJones

I work at one of the local mountains. I saw a guy today with a pair of "Snow blades"... Now I haven't been skiing in MANY years, and well No idea what snow blades are.

Has anyone off here used em, how hard compared to Skiing? I sortta remember how to ski :D... Its like riding a bike....

What would you do? Ski or Snow Blades? (I dont snow board, just not my thing)

Blades ar just really small skiis, kinda like ice skating down the hill. Kinda cool in the park!!:D

quote:Originally posted by salmon9

Do you mean roller skis, same technique as cross country skate skiiing but on dry land?

http://www.jenex.com/

No, I mean Snow Blades. I work on a mountain, it is covered in snow. I wouldn't want to be using wheels on snow. It just doesn't quite work :D

I have found out some info about them, from people who have used them on other forums. I'll check it out...

These are Snow Blades.
snowblades9xc.jpg

Saw these used at Mount Washington when I was home skiing with my kids.
Saw them about twenty years ago too...K-Tel I think.
No control, but require very little skill and thank God they can't get to much speed compared to my 200's or there would be utter mayhem.
But on the plus side......wait there is no plus side!

I'd stay away from these things there's a reason you never see them anymore they were common 5 or so years ago and now everyone has wisened up. and like blue orca said they require very little skill

I didn't make it up the mountain today. Visibility was zero, and plus 1.
Maybe tomorrow, and I dont think I'm going to try them. I just dont need to get hurt... I'll stick to skis.

quote:Originally posted by mr killer

I'd stay away from these things there's a reason you never see them anymore they were common 5 or so years ago and now everyone has wisened up. and like blue orca said they require very little skill

x2...I have a place at Whistler and you rarely see them anymore. I helped a friend put on a corporate ski challenge a few years back which was a snowblade race through gates and then through a "skiercross" park. I strapped them on and honestly, they were fun for about 2 runs and then the novely wore off REALLY quickly.

Back