silver streak

I have gone as far as to contact them. I lost interest when I found out the top was only 57 inches tall. Plus if your 6.2 you will only have about 6 inches of head room from a seated position. Oh and they went cheap and failed to put in a walk thru window.

Plus it was a rental.....

the rental issue got me,
especially if you follow the link from silverstreaks website to their rental company luckyrentals.ca and on they're first page is a story about renter neglagence being an issue for them and raising rates. haha

I saw this boat in person when purchasing another boat, its a nice little rig, shows like new really... priced more where it should be now, they were asking $39,900 when I saw it...too much IMO

only read about the rental issue when i went back to the add to look about the headroom! i'm sure it's a nice little boat but agree with fish assassin about the lack of walk through windsheild!

Check out the first picture with the guys standing. Look what height your rods would be at. The extra rods would b in your way all day.

I rented this boat 2 years ago, it was a decent little boat...the headroom would turn me away...i am 6'3" and banged my head numerous times. I had 4 people onboard, 2 guys 2 girls and it was kinda crowded.....overall the boat handled the water really well for a 17' but for 30+ grand i would spend my money elsewhere....

I rented this boat 2 years ago, it was a decent little boat...the headroom would turn me away...i am 6'3" and banged my head numerous times. I had 4 people onboard, 2 guys 2 girls and it was kinda crowded.....overall the boat handled the water really well for a 17' but for 30+ grand i would spend my money elsewhere....

Now this upsets me more. The ad said, but has now been changed that this boat was used last year as their rental boat and your telling us you rented it two years ago.

Now this upsets me more. The ad said, but has now been changed that this boat was used last year as their rental boat and your telling us you rented it two years ago.

It would have been the summer of 2011 that i rented it, i purchased my boat last year (april 2012) so the summer of 2011 would have been the year that i rented the Silver Streak to get out on the water. Hope that helps clarify things,

Suds

Back