Shuswap lures

HTML:
Whats ur guys favourite lures to use on the Shuswap? I am looking at picking up some more for next weekend.thanks

Have you ever tried Adams lake? I find it a much better lake to fish than Shuswap and not near the amount of traffic.

Lures are the ones mentioned and my personal fav the last few weeks has been chrome dodger and 2"-3" red and white spoons.

lol, same thought was going through my head...

Hockey sticks - Black and white, Army truck, Frog and the black/purple sparkly one...

If you're not trolling to deep then Brass and silver crocs with an orange strip work well also...

lol, same thought was going through my head...

For the summer the 4" flat orange Apex. Also the skunk apex works really well.

I thought it was just me that spend way to much on these plugs and couldn't get them to catch anything

Really? In my experience Lyman's have out fished everything in my box repitivly. I haven't had much luck with the apex's though. Last Sunday I caught 4 lakers in an hour and had a few lost fish aswell.

There's two types of Lyman's. The new ones are made using some kind of prisoner labour program and are inferior quality in my opinion. Lay a new one beside an original one and you can see the difference. My old Lyman's consistently produce fish. The new ones,not so much. My top producer is a rainbow trout pattern with black spots

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw the new BC Outdoors Fishing magazine and they've got an article on Shuswap lake. Lots of the same tackle info as above plus facts about how the fish feed in the lake and some area's which may help finding the fish.

How do you run them? On a rigger? Flasher or dodger? Standard treble hook that comes with it?

I tried a few different ways, even changing to a smaller single hook with very little success. i always wondered how others ran them

I use a down rigger with the single hook. Never used flashers just dropped it right down to where the fish are marking or near the bottom. Down deep I'll use a glow in the dark.ill use the natural colours(Kokanee, rainbow blue ect) The fish love them. If I'm marking fish I never seem to have a problem not catching them.

It's important to tune Lyman's so that they see swimming side to side and tracking straight. You can turn the front eye to adjust how they swim. Also smaller or bigger hooks will change the amount of action

Back