Shuswap lake near Scotch Creek

chadr

Hey everybody, i probably could have done a search on this but I'm too excited!!! My father in law just bought a property right near scotch creek. I've fished shuswap before but only in April or September{ Idon't like big crowds ] I've fished Adams quite a bit with decent results. My boat is pretty well set up with riggers, sounder,VHF, ect,. Just wondering if there is certain colors or patterns or depths I should try. Any help is appreciated, thanks guys, hopefully see you out there

I was just fishing Shuswap this past weekend a little with the kids and had steady action on the riggers. My son had 3 lakers to the boat in our first hour all between 20 and 24" on a small 1 1/2" watermelon apex and I had one hit at 90' on a 3" orange apex. Sunday we fished another 1 1/2 hrs and even had a double header in that time with me bringing in a 27" laker at 95' on a slow troll cop car while my son was fighting a 19" rainbow on his small apex. I don't have a kicker so I was doing 2.6-2.9 mph but they seemed to like the speed. My fav lure on shuswap is the apexes in orange, cop car or watermelon/rainbow colors and have been switching over to the slow troll models as they seem to out produce the others. Read the regs. Met several people at the campground with no idea of the regs. I'm sure there's lots of undersized being taken.

Last weekend I caught 4 10 lb lake trout, 5 small bows, and a nice 8lb rainbow. Lyman lures on downriggers take lake trout. Any colour really seems to work well.favourite lure to use on the Shuswap. Another good choice is a 4" apex behind the agitator flasher or a coyote spoon.for lakers stick to 70-100+feet for the lures depending on where their marking. If that doesn't work try putting the lure 10 ft above the markings. I switch up the lure or depth every 20 mins if I am marking a lot of fish. Lyman's also take nice rainbows. Coyote spoons in blue Chrome, party girl, blue holographic. Rainbow and nickel/ orange stripe crocs do good at 20-60 ft deep.apexs are good in the cop car, watermelon, blue/Chrome, pink/prl Orange ect.

Small uv apex top 20' of water WAY FAR behind the boat, When marking them deep on the sounder follow them with the rigger setting short off the clip with a 4" Slow Troll Model Apex or 8" flasher spoon combo. Note your speed when you get one. Also helps to fish cooler water like creek mouths or after a big wind

Thanks for the tips guys, I will try some of that stuff as soon as I can get out!! Thanks BGM, I checked out his site and it looks like he shares a lot of good info. I have quite a few apexes but don't think I have any slow troll models, what's the difference??? I also know the regs, and special tag on licsence required

Back