Shudder front end 'DEATH WOBBLE"

AlK

My 2006 Dodge Ram 4x4 has developed the death wobble. What happens if you are traveling down the road and you hit a bump or whole in the road the front end will start shaking all of a sudden. This is appears to be a fairly common problem with Dodge pickups, but I understand it also to Fords and Toyota's. I am wondering if any of you have experienced this problem with your pickups and how and who fixed it.

i had a 2006... front end was sad,, warrantied the steering link system twice and ran through ball joints like mad... there was a recall on this and they installed a 2009 type system with replaceable ends...

Yep. 97' dodge diesel. Replaced everything up front. From Steering box, tie rod ends, to bushings and shocks. 2 years and it's starting to feel loose again. Wouldn't trade it for the world though.

I read the title of this thread and my immediate first thought was DODGE TRUCK. LOL i drive an 06 too.

control arm bushing is shot. it stops the truck suspension from going left and right. when you hit a bump thre truck will wobble back and forth because of the slopp.

had that on a 89 ford 3/4 ton years ago. only had about 25K at the time. basically brand new. went with aftermarket king pins and never had the problem for the life of the truck after that. had that truck for 15 years... apparently the stock kingpins were known to be crap...

o i fixed it by drilling out the old bushing because i dont have a press. ordered a poly bushing from lordco and bolted it back in. no more death wobble. dodge front ends are not the greatest and coud be other things but work for my F350

Don't forget the "cummins dowel pin of death"

A dowel pin falls out into your timing gears, if your lucky maybe a cracked timing cover, if your unlucky catastrophic engine failure.

Don't forget the "cummins dowel pin of death"

A dowel pin falls out into your timing gears, if your lucky maybe a cracked timing cover, if your unlucky catastrophic engine failure.

That was a problem with the 1989-1998.5 Trucks

That was a problem with the 1989-1998.5 Trucks

oooohhh the killer dowel pin,, ya, that was long ago, i thought everyone on the internet already knew that. !!

control arm bushing is shot. it stops the truck suspension from going left and right. when you hit a bump thre truck will wobble back and forth because of the slopp.
You are correct sir. But it's a track bar lol

oooohhh the killer dowel pin,, ya, that was long ago, i thought everyone on the internet already knew that. !!
Isn't it known as KDP? thankfully there was a fairly simple fix for it. you just had to do it...

DODGE
Dont
Overdrive
Drive
Garbage
Equipment

Yes I own a ford and must admit the 6.2 engine is quite impressive. But will say ALL of the brands are great and ALL have flaws, id own a chev but not a dodge LOL

01 Dodge Cummins with 208,000 k's and no issues yet with front end. The steering does have more play now than when I bought the truck back in 04 and it had 91,000 on it, but no wobble problem. I do wish the front end joints and universal's were serviceable and not sealed though. I do my own oil changes and grease and would prefer to have grease fittings on all the usual spots. Love the Cummins. All I have done is change oil and filters for 12 years, period. It is also so consistent, starts up right away summer or winter and doesn't surge when cold. If you had to hold the key for more than a second or two you would know something was not right.

buddy just had to do his 05 Dodge ball joints which were sealed.
had to cut the rivets and pound them off.
replacements were bolt on and serviceable.

True. All have there good points. Cummins motor far superior to either of the other American manufacturers. Lot of nice diesel Chevy in my neck of the woods but a lot are dead. Fords too. 90% of the logging company's here run dodges. I've owned all three and for sheer pulling power I'd put my dodge against any of the other brands.

Back