Sheldons trap line

Osama Bin Hopper

So Sheldon's got a pesky little rat or two by the shed that he's trying to trap and convert into panties for his girlfriend but the rat is a little swifter than the trapper...

Maybey he's not really gonna make her ginchies out of them but either way he's being fooled by this thing. It keeps popping traps and not getting caught.

What is he to do?

I'll post a play by play of photos if someone can give advice that gets the little bugger! Lame I know, but it's winter.

Gimee the gaff!!!

OOOOOOHHH DO I
this is what we used to do get a 5 gallon bucket drill a hole on either side about 3 inches from rim on about where the handle is now get some heavy wire with a beer can(im sure you have a few empty luckys) drill a hole on the end of it run the wire thru the bucket and thru the two openings in the can one you drilled and one where that beutiful nector came from while you drank it, and thru to the other side of the bucket make sure the wire is tight and attached bend it into the bucket or weave it etc.
so now you should have a can suspended in the air(by the wire) and should spin with ease, fill the bucket with about 8 inches of water.

Then cover the can with some peanut butter grab a hunk of 2x4 or a 1X3 anyhing that makes a ramp to the bucket now just run your finger with some PB on it on the board from bottom to the top of the bucket all your trying to do is create a scent trail.

What should happen is the little bugger will smell the PB walk up the plank smell the pb on the can thinking hes found the jack-pot goes to get his treasure as he will try and jump on the can the can will spin him off as quick as he got on and sploosh he will fall into the water and wont be able to get out as its too slippery poor little bugger will just die and drown!!!!!!!

In the old ware house we used to use a 45 gallon drum but thats supersizing it LOL

Happy hunting Wolf

I've got to agree with Wolf. A bucket trap is the BEST. No poison, no snapping the trap on your fingers, no dead rat or mouse rotting in the walls somewhere. You always get them!

Oh yeah, CHEAP too!

quote:Originally posted by wolf

OOOOOOHHH DO I
this is what we used to do get a 5 gallon bucket drill a hole on either side about 3 inches from rim on about where the handle is now get some heavy wire with a beer can(im sure you have a few empty luckys) drill a hole on the end of it run the wire thru the bucket and thru the two openings in the can one you drilled and one where that beutiful nector came from while you drank it, and thru to the other side of the bucket make sure the wire is tight and attached bend it into the bucket or weave it etc.
so now you should have a can suspended in the air(by the wire) and should spin with ease, fill the bucket with about 8 inches of water.

Then cover the can with some peanut butter grab a hunk of 2x4 or a 1X3 anyhing that makes a ramp to the bucket now just run your finger with some PB on it on the board from bottom to the top of the bucket all your trying to do is create a scent trail.

What should happen is the little bugger will smell the PB walk up the plank smell the pb on the can thinking hes found the jack-pot goes to get his treasure as he will try and jump on the can the can will spin him off as quick as he got on and sploosh he will fall into the water and wont be able to get out as its too slippery poor little bugger will just die and drown!!!!!!!

In the old ware house we used to use a 45 gallon drum but thats supersizing it LOL

Happy hunting Wolf

Ha ha ha....back at the cottages our family had in MB and ON, this was our exact method. You could sleep soundly as soon as you heard the "sploosh"......but when you heard a few redundant "splooshes" you knew you had lured in the 'slow class'.

;):D[:p]:)

Seeds work well as bait and the best</u> seeds are from marijuana (believe or not and don't ask about how I know because I won't tell you).

WTH you're going to get some of those in West Bamfield I don't know maybe he'll have to order them off the net.

billreidsalmon.jpg

THE WHEEL OF DEATH!!!! Best mouse trap on the planet. Never tried one for rats though but I'm sure it would work. You might need to use a bigger bucket. I absuluty won't go hunting in the wall tent without one. Mice will get into your food and distroy your gear. We've actually made sport of sitting in the tent in the dark with just a little light from the woodstove watching the little bastards meet their doom.

quote:Originally posted by wolf

OOOOOOHHH DO I

Happy hunting Wolf

That be it!!!!

Pippen made me laugh when you posted your response, know exactlly what your talking about.A few years back we are all asleep in our bunks when all of a sudden my hunting partner gets out of bed at mach 1 waving his flash light all around. Of course everyone is awake now wondering what the hell is going on. hes cursing like you wouldnt believe some F-en mouse ran over my face and woke me up even felt the tail hit my nose.
As you could imagine we are all laughing so hard and still was laughing as we are trying to get back to sleep all the while Bob is yelling at us "ITS NOT FUNNY SHUT UP" which of course made it worse LOL LOL.

So the next day we made this trap up this up not moose hunting now we are after more elusive prey CAMP MICE first night over 25 were caught HOLY DOO DOO. we would giggle every time you would hear sploosh in total we got close to 50 of them for the rest of the week.

It works but maybe get a bigger bucket osama like people have said.

wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

I know one thing, after looking at the bucket-can pic above, the smart ones won't go around anything thats "calorie free".:)

Back