Shawnigan lake bass fishing

OSJ

so i'm going to head up to shawnigan on Sunday for some bass fishing. Never fished the lake. I will be in my small tin boat with my 10hp and electric.
i have read to just fish the shore lines and try different tackle.
i don't have a anchor yet, but will sort that out tomorrow. how much line and what weight anchor would be best for local lakes. boat is a 14 foot tin boat.

is there a better spot to start from on the lake?

thanks

so i'm going to head up to shawnigan on Sunday for some bass fishing. Never fished the lake. I will be in my small tin boat with my 10hp and electric.
i have read to just fish the shore lines and try different tackle.
i don't have a anchor yet, but will sort that out tomorrow. how much line and what weight anchor would be best for local lakes. boat is a 14 foot tin boat.

is there a better spot to start from on the lake?

thanks

there are good spots just across the bay from the launch ramp...bass like to hide under the wharfs or dropoff structures. I have a luck by catch and release a few good size bass. Lake doesn`t have currents, as long as it is flat...no anchor is required. good luck, have fun

They are around second what was said. Was out few nights ago but on shore...Was too limited as most of our lake with the best spots our private.... So if you have a boat good to go... There are some nice drop offs among weed beds along private school dock...pretty much anywhere tons of docks and structures.

Was there last week.
Decent fishing.
4 1/2 lb won our kids derby. Few in 2-3 lb range.

Don't anchor. Keep moing along the shore line working structure. Try to find some deeper water.

Good luck.

Tips

Was there last week.
Decent fishing.
4 1/2 lb won our kids derby. Few in 2-3 lb range.

Don't anchor. Keep moing along the shore line working structure. Try to find some deeper water.

Good luck.

Tips
Those are good tips for that lake,Tips.Have had some stellar days fishing it in just the manner you described.Not uncommon to have 20-30 bass days in the summer months.

only caught three small ones today. and then heard after driving up to shawnigan that elk was super hot bass fishing today.

Imho bass will hit just about anyday. Its more about the fishermen then the bass. I found this only with Bass. Other species like trout or salmon seem to be hit and miss day to day. For bass if you find the fish and present the bait in his face he/she cant resist it. Its all about finding the structure which is holding larger fish and not little ones. Then keep looking for the same type of structure once you catch a nice one.

-KK

Back