Shaw services

and its fixed for 3 years? That would blow me away as my current plan should increase to $280 by then...lol We are moving to a new place May 1 - perfect time to get it...thx

A friend phoned me yesterday, ranted for literally 50 minutes!! She had made the switch to Telus to get this same deal mentioned above. Well, what a nightmare it turned out to be. Right from the issues with the tech hooking them up (all kids of errors) and the lack of phone support when things went wrong or things weren't as advertised... snotty people on the phone... the list of complaints was endless. After 3 weeks of fighting with Telus, she has started the ball rolling to switch back to Shaw.

My Telus phone broke a few months back, I got great service from Telus. The tech was a great guy and went beyond what was required of him to help me fix my issue here with the landline. So... like any place I reckon, there are good and bad experiences.

Last edited by a moderator:
How you guys liking telus???

Twice today..... 40 minutes on hold earlier with shaw..... over an hour now. 1 out of 3 boxes working.

Shaw is great when it works.

[update] At least they fixed it.... still over an hour and a half I will not get back

I am a Shaw guy but a buddy of mine in Surrey sent me the following:

We have changed over to Telus for our home services. Phone, Internet and TV. We had a bundle package with Shaw for approx. $160.00 a month for all three. A knock on the door by two Telus reps and the rest is history. Same services but also includes two free PVR boxes, all the channels we had before, wireless modem for internet, and we can even have call display on our TV when the phone rings. First year is $57.00 a month and then it goes to $117.00 month after a year.

Looks like a good deal, it's just I hate to deal with Telus.

A good shaw guy wouldnt be puttting up telus best package up against shaw regular rate package. 117 a year after I doubt, no where near there advertised bundle prices but ya never know. Shaw has really good promotions coming on and off all the time. My mom is still in her year of 45 a month for all three with pvr with shaw. Its all timing with these promotions and what you can get when you actually phone in. Shaw started a war when they moved on phone.

THe problem is that the "deals" are only for new customers.
they won't do much for existing customers. :(
Cancel their service - then become a "new customer" ;) :)

I made the call today and said cut my cable, remove my long distance calling package. Told them all I want is basic phone and high speed internet.

Everything I watch on TV is free online and I can stream thru my ITV box, most people I call I do so thru my nationwide calling on my cell phone, or voice over internet apps on my iPad.

Id still get .05 cent a minute long distance from Shaw just not unlimited for $20 a month.

$99.90 just for cable and I couldnt even view half the channels

I watch Global 95% of the time. I can get for free online or put a digital receiver out side as there is a signal here in the valley. Free Again :) just not HD.

What they do they give you a package..Then they slowly take channels away and shift things around..You buy more and more...and soon realize you have sweet F all. That's where I am right now telephone, internet and cable 180-200 per month...Its insane.

We cut off everything we had with shaw (full blown tv/movie package, gateway system, Internet & phone) and kept only net..... Month and a half later they offered up a decent tv package, phone and Internet for $44/month (less than what internet only was going to be) so... We said yes. Didn't miss it at all though when we didn't have it, and kids only watch Netflix anyway.

Myself and my workmate were comparing Internet services and cost he was showing me service he was going to get, he is in the Ukraine and pays the equivalent of about $9.38 per month for TV, telephone and 100mbs Internet and if he pays for the full year it is 20% off.
Some how my $175 per month just doesn't seem right!!!

These companies should be competeing for our business. Instead most of us just open our wallets and bend over. I heard Shaw is coming out with some new service really soon that will compete with Netflix and offer more current up to date content. Have to wait and see I guess.

I have installed http://www.tvaddons.ag/ on my laptop and run a HDMI cable to my Sony. Free tv every channel and movie you ever want.

I have gone one step further and purchased Google Chromecast for $39.00 and installed XBMC and Fusion (the above mentioned by GJ) as well as Mashup http://mashupxbmc.com/install/. Now I can watch online content via Wi-Fi on the big screen, including videos from YouFish.TV (shameless plug) Youtube, Vimeo etc. Works great!

I also have Chromecast. Works great. Another way is to jailbreak Apple TV and install XBMC on it. That way you do not need a laptop connected.

Back