SFI on Salmon farming?

Little Hawk

As my frustration continues to boil over the salmon farming issue, I dropped the SFI a line to see where they stood on the issue and whether or not the topic might/would be slated for discussion at the upcoming meeting in Van in early Dec..

The answer left me feeling rather empty and with an eye towards the imminent demise of Pacific salmon compliments of Norways' fishfarmers and our intellectually bankrupt and collusive government, I expected more significant news other than a progress report on the fight for the right to catch more halibut.

This was my reply to Owen:

Thanks for the reply Owen.
Yep, halibut are crucially important at this juncture; they, and ling cod may be all we have left once our beloved Pacific salmon are squandered by the criminal acts of the fish-farmers and our collusive and disastrously inept government!

In the 10 yrs or more I've been researching and writing about this tragedy in the works - including a feature article in BC Outdoors Sportfishing Magazine (May-02') - the situation has only deteriorated while groups like the SFI and BCWF have done little more than offer up 'suggestions' as to what should be done; suggestions that have to date fallen on deaf-ears within the industry and government.

ALL OUT WAR SHOULD HAVE BEEN DECLARED ON THESE ENVIRONMENTAL-RAPISTS' AND THE CROOKED POLITICIANS IN BED WITH THEM YEARS AGO!

If the SFI won't' go to bat for the future of Pacific salmon on this fish-farming issue, you will no longer have my support.

Escalation is the buzz-word in the sport-fishing community, Owen; listen, you can hear it in the wind.

Yours truly,
Terry Anderson

Wild Salmon Alliance

Good on ya Terry for trying to stir SFIBC to some action. You're bang in in your note. We also need to get BC Wildlife Federation to be more active as they represent 38,000 outdoors people. Anyone out there we is involved with these two groups please raise your voice and make this a top priority for them.

The problem for SFI and other groups is that they get their funding from DFO and we all know that the federal government and DFO are just pawns of the Norwegians so it's a Catch-22 problem for them.

Back