Selling EZ Steer System

burnsy22

Selling my EZ Steer system, used for 3 outings totalling, 12 hours. Switching to a different electronic setup. Paid $300 + tax...ASking $160obo

I measured the arm and it is 31 inches completely retracted and 51 inches completely extended. Ignore the pool noodle in the picture. It was my safety device if it fell in the water. It was connecting my yamaha 150hp salt water series to my new T8 kicker. The bottom picture is of the brackets on my motors.

I am located in Nanaimo, but travel the island weekly. Send me a message if you are interested.

IMG_4683_zps202edeb0.jpg

IMG_4393.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a guy to fabricate a stainless rod that mounts on the front of the motors. The ez steer was fine, however I didn't like running with it on as it made my main steering sticky because main motor was fighting against the bar.
Also I couldn't put the ez steer bar on in the water because of how far my bracket sat off the back of my boat.

I got a guy to fabricate a stainless rod that mounts on the front of the motors. The ez steer was fine, however I didn't like running with it on as it made my main steering sticky because main motor was fighting against the bar.
Also I couldn't put the ez steer bar on in the water because of how far my bracket sat off the back of my boat.

I'm also curious being an arima owner as well.

Just got it done on Thursday, will let you know how it goes and hopefully have some pictures.

Yeah I will try to get a picture soon, only had a chance to use it a few times and the fron tmouned steer bar works great, and is easily taken on and off from inside the boat.

The problem with what the last poster said is that in fact the ez steer system isn't crap...It is functional for some boats and not everyone has a hydraulic system that is needed or the space in the motor well that is needed to install the teleflex system. (or the money). The ez steer does what is suppose to do, not saying there arent better options but it isn't crap.

"but it isn't crap."
I replaced the motor brackets at least 3 times a year. They would break while fishing and I would have to duct tape a paddle to the kicker to stear it. I spent hundreds of dollars to keep it going. The teleflex will pay for itself in no time. And yes for me eazy steer was crap. I will admit it was better when made in Everett Washington but after sold just pure crap

Here is my set-up. It is simple, easy to hook up and take off, and best of all it works well.:)

Attachments

• 100_0281.jpg
    100_0281.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 94
Back