Secureing your boat in dry storage

Any neat home fabricated ideas to secure the trailer while behind a 6 ft locked chain link fence. I came home yesterday afternoon from a short run to the mall to find my main double swing gates open. They used bolt cutters to cut the gate hasps and locking bar. It was done in daylight. Looking for some clever ideas from the guys here. Thanks for your input

No matter what precautions you take...the talented thief will be prepared. I have premium grade( forget the number rating) heavy chain through the tandem wheels on one side of my trailer and a $50 pad lock. That satisfies my insurance company for doing due diligence to prevent theft...beyond that...the attack dog seams like the best bet.

most video cameras have a motion activted option. put one in your window pointing at where lic plate would be as it enters drive way. new under two hundred. You can bet it wasnt there first time at your place

you can't beat a pro!!!!!have good insurance---missing tires is the best bet--a steak or a dog in heat or a baseball bat takes care of the guard dog---they don't need to couple up to tow one, so the coupler locks are for honest thieves, they also cut the brake lines if you lock the brakes on--Ive seen it all----(the wheel with the clamp ends up missing--) pros like all the new battry operated tools with cutter wheels-much easier than the cutting torch they liked in the past-lol)

when I kept my boat in a commercial storage facility, I 'hid' a trail cam and posted signs around the boat informing people that if they were reading this then I had a high def picture of their face. I also had a battery powered motion sensor in the boat that would wake the dead. we do the same at unattended hunting camps except we also have a cam taking pictures of their license plates.

Back