searching for a volvo deisel tech.

ocean sport

Looking for recomendations for a good technition that is very familiar with the volvo ad41p. Mine struggles to spool up and reach plane. It just hangs at 2400 rpm. Once it finally reaches 2500 or 2550 the turbo does kick in and it does go. I'm thinking it is an injection pump issue or a turbo issue. 2 expesive guesses.
Any recomendations would be appreciated. Boat is located inFalse creek Vancouver.

I had an ad41p that had the same issue. I had changed filters and figured they were good until I ran the tank to almost empty and it sucked up some water from the bottom of the tank. I had very low hours on the motor so I knew mechanically it was good. Changed the filters again and away it went.

Thanks Coyote . I was hoping to find an indepedant guy or small shop. $170 an hour is a bit hard to swallow right now. I know you get what you pay for and I will give them a call if nothing turns up.
Get what you pay for

I had an ad41p that had the same issue. I had changed filters and figured they were good until I ran the tank to almost empty and it sucked up some water from the bottom of the tank. I had very low hours on the motor so I knew mechanically it was good. Changed the filters again and away it went.
I used to run a Monaro 27 with twin Volvo Kad diesels. Keeping the diesel clean in warmer temps was an ongoing issue. We always changed our filters religiously and put the enzyme in the tank every fill. To prevent growth in the fuel tank.
We used Stem to Stern. But they’re like the only show in town. So it’s hard to get an appointment and they have a monopoly. There’s a Volvo shop in Campbell River too.

Back