Seaport 24

I love that shiny new Seasport! Do you need any new ‘friends’?

Your guys

2700 is too low. Should be round 3000 to 3200. Diesel’s want to be run hard.
My 2700 Navigator did 22 knots at 3200 rpm burning 5 imperial gallons per hour.
The KAD is more horsepower so won’t get quite as good fuel burn. Maybe 7 or 8 gph.

This is not exactly accurate. Diesels do not “want” to be run hard. If anything they like to be run easy. As long as they are propped correctly so they reach max rated rpm at full throttle with the intended load, the life of the motor will be extended if run at a lower rpm. If you are up on step and the speed is acceptable there is nothing wrong with 2700 rpm. That being said 3200 rpm would still be an acceptable cruise rpm as it is 82% of rated rpm. I personally would shoot for 80% or lower of the max rated rpm of 3900 (kad 43). Max rated rpm for the ad41p is 3800. I can not stress enough how important it is to prop a diesel correctly so it can reach max rated rpm with a full load. Overpropping a diesel will overload it and greatly reduce service life.

Last edited:
The rated cruise should be 3-400 off max rpm on these diesels. Check the manual if you have one but thats where they should be run and should net highest MPG. 2700 is To low, there is something wrong if the previous owner is burning 12gal/hour. You can do that with the gas in these boats.

Back from Winter Harbour, I can now confirm I am running the following numbers 3100RPM, 28mph, with a fuel burn of 5.3Gal/hr Pretty happy with that my boat was only at the fuel dock twice all week :)
Nice... 1/2 the burn than you thought she’d get even at higher rpm’s. That’s a win!

Back