Seal paintball

mr killer

I'm sure everyone has diferent ways of detering pesky seals, bottle rockets, sling shots rocks hurling bottles etc, I've been thinking for a while that a paintball gun would be a great way of keeping the little bastards away, my question is if this would be a serious offence if caught by dfo, I don't think there's anything in the regs? what do you guys think.

I am all over that, however in my experience, the problem of scaring seals, is usually monitored by houses along shore with retired folks having nothing to do but view boaters thru their high powered telescopes. They the ones who instantly report the sight of any weapon. The problem is that many paintball guns are so life like from a distance, that my fear would be DFO being called all the time.
It would be interesting to find out an actual ruling on the topic.

Those are alot of the same things I was thinking, i think you'd have to be somewhat careful and not do this in front of houses or parks it would be pretty fun though.:D It would make it more fun for the other guy on the boat when your buddy is playing a fish you'd be sniping seals helping out,[:p]

Dunno how good the paintballs are for the enviroment but i froze a bunch this year then shot them in the slingshot. They are like marbles frozen. I know you can freeze em and shoot them from the gun to.

They are full of vegetable oil and some eco friendly die so there would be no neg effect on the ocean, good point though. I've heard the seals get smart to peoples boats so they might just learn to leave you alone after awhile. until you go to a new spot[:0]

all the paintballs i've ever used were some sort of fish oil, and they break down in the sun like cheap fishing line. So cant really hurt anything. Leave a welt on the seal maybe

Give er a try out at thrasher one day you won't have to worry about any peeper out there, solve that seal problem and have fun at the same time, nice

Maybe one of them CO2 powered handguns. Just try and not shoot them in plain view. Kneel in the boat and shoot of the gunnel with a towel over them or something. Or just of the hip:D

300WinMag a thought?[}:)]

hehe
vic

That would work, I'd like to spray 18 paintballs a second so every time the little a-hole pops his head up he'd have a barrage of paintballs coming at his head, the hand gun would work great for areas in front of houses and stuff when more stealthy methods are required off the hip with a towel over these are great suggestions.

Paintball gun could serve dual purpose...would've loved to have had one this year at Lone Tree when the ****ing ******* in the Bayliner 2252 ran through the group at 30 knts so close to us I spilled my beer:(.
Would be easy to hit a seal at French Creek... they follow my boat at about 20', keep meaning to use Kelly's idea and keep a bucket of big-butt rocks on board.

quote:Originally posted by Klink

Have you guys ever tried just talking to the seals?

Klink

Ya, all the time...usually goes something like this...**** you you mother ****ing ****sucker of a useless piece of lazy butt ****ing ****!!!!

Since i started with the rocks i havent had close to as many problems. I shoot a rock or throw one at every seal within range and they stop following my boat. Kiler grab a couple 5lb rocks for when the seal surfaces near the boat with your fish and dome em they always drop. Backatit i hear ya! We had boat come so close at 30kts that the spray off his bow soaked us. Honest to god within 10feet scared the crap outta us as the boat was 26 or so feet. Everyone saw it and shook their heads. HAhaahah the swearing shows ive seen and been a part of are hilarious!

quote:Ya, all the time...usually goes something like this...**** you you mother ****ing ****sucker of a useless piece of lazy butt ****ing ****!!!!

i blame it on the seals poor conversational skills. Seems all their conversations are the same no matter who they are talking to.

I hate Seals that can hold a conversation, I mean why even go out on a date if all you're going to do is shiz on the floor and bite the waiter...

And me thinks a c02 pelletgun would work, they pretty inexspensive to drop over board if you have to

Klink

Although I must admit it would be a good way to get rid of seals, I would be more worried about ammo ricochet and hitting another boat/fisher.[B)]Last thing I need is another murder charge on my books.

I think the best idea is go online and order a deepsea fishing rod used for marlin, shark, ect. Then rig up that freezer burnt fish you forgot about from last year and go trolling!

if your going seal fishing Keep a flying gaff attached to a cynder block on board for a seals version of some cement boots

Another murder charge Slittail[?]You been bad[}:)]
See you on the water[8D]
Mikiki
quote:Originally posted by splittail

Although I must admit it would be a good way to get rid of seals, I would be more worried about ammo ricochet and hitting another boat/fisher.[B)]Last thing I need is another murder charge on my books.

I used to fish with a guy who owned a paint ball gear store back in Alberta, Yes those guns work very well it's all about deterrence.;)

Be careful where you pull it out and you'll be fine.

Back