sea run lures

C

cod commander

what type of lure or bait (if applicable) would work for steelhead and/or sea run cutties?

theres a few systems on the island that allow bait, but in all seriousness, a lot of the time, u realy dont need it, especially for steelies..i would never use bait for searuns, for the plain and simple reason, they are so aggressive at times, u can realy hook them deep and hurt them....al u need for sea runs, if ur gear fishing, is a crocodile spoon, blue fox or panther martin spinner, anything small and flashy...with flies, go with something that represents a salmon fry of some sort, or a rolled muddler, or my all time favortie, the mickey finn...for steelies i use wool flies 80% of the time when float fishing, next choice is rubber worm(bubble gum), then a pink/white steelie jig, then a jenny egg wool combo, and last, but not least, the spin-n-glo....with these simple lures, a 4 inch float, and some split shot of varrying sizes, u can effectivly fish almost all steelhead water..as for flies, well, thats a different matter..one which im still working on...good luck
cody

hey!...wheres my float?
uh oh...

theres a few systems on the island that allow bait, but in all seriousness, a lot of the time, u realy dont need it, especially for steelies..i would never use bait for searuns, for the plain and simple reason, they are so aggressive at times, u can realy hook them deep and hurt them....al u need for sea runs, if ur gear fishing, is a crocodile spoon, blue fox or panther martin spinner, anything small and flashy...with flies, go with something that represents a salmon fry of some sort, or a rolled muddler, or my all time favortie, the mickey finn...for steelies i use wool flies 80% of the time when float fishing, next choice is rubber worm(bubble gum), then a pink/white steelie jig, then a jenny egg wool combo, and last, but not least, the spin-n-glo....with these simple lures, a 4 inch float, and some split shot of varrying sizes, u can effectivly fish almost all steelhead water..as for flies, well, thats a different matter..one which im still working on...good luck
cody

hey!...wheres my float?
uh oh...

thx alot man. one more quick question how would a gidds iron head work for steelies or is the just for coho?
thx in advance.

thx alot man. one more quick question how would a gidds iron head work for steelies or is the just for coho?
thx in advance.

What do u think is the best river close to Nanaimo that is not shut down for steelhead or sea runs?

What do u think is the best river close to Nanaimo that is not shut down for steelhead or sea runs?

Back