Sea Foam experiences?

Fish Nutz

Hello All

My 2002 Yammy 60 4 stroke is running fine but I thought it might be an idea to run some sea foam thru it to get her cleaned up a bit on the inside. Has anyone had any negative/positive experiences they would like to share? Like I said it's running fine so I don't want to do anything to hurt it but if there isn't any danger in that i'll give her a go.

Thanks

FN

Some guys love it... Laura loved its results in her old Mazda. The mechanic put it in, ran like crap that week but after refuelling and a tune up it run better then ever. Was this caused by the tune up? I think so

If you have your heart set on using it, put it in an external tank that way you don't have gallons of the fuel mixed with it in your tank.

Just used it on my abused 12 year old cheap-butt Ryobi weed wacker. Thing wouldn't idle properly or run without the choke half on. Took the carb apart carefully so that I didn't rip any gaskets. Cleaned all the ports with Seafoam spray -- carefully re-assembled. Sprayed Seafoam in the plug hole and gave it a few gentle pulls with the plug out.

Started the unit -- smoked like hell at first. I let it warm up, but it still wouldn't idle cleanly. With throttle depressed and engine running, kept squirting Seafoam into the carb so that the engine ran rough, but kept running. After about 6 squirts, the unit now runs as good as new. Way more power than before.

A $7 tuneup.

Works well on old 2 strokes with heavy carbon deposits. Other than that I wouldnt bother with it.

I used it as fuel stabilizer for the winter and I also used the SeaFoam engine fogger for winterizing the old '81 Johnson 55hp and don't have any complaints. Engine started up like new this spring on the old gas (with seafoam).

Yamaha developed an additive for your motor called Ringfree, it does what you want, look it up.
I use it all the time and my engines purr, no smoke or smell, awesome fuel economy for twin 150's
whether or not its the additive IDK but ill keep using it

LOVE that stuff we used it to free the factory spark plugs on my ford truck let it sit over night then they came out easiler

Back