Scotty Fuses

Prairie Locked

Just curious if there are any common carriers anyone has found that stock the shorter 30A fuses for Scotty riggers? Thinking places like Rona, Home Depot, Canadian Tire, etc.

I grabbed a multe pack of OEM's at Canadian Tire but they are about a 1/4" too long. Not a major issue, though the housing doesn't seat completely could compensate by using heat shrink.

I've never needed to replace on but the top corroded off of one of them.

You can switch to marine grade 30 amp blade fuse holders and blade fuses - pretty much water proof. I really like them and have not had corrosion problems or poor contact problems like the round type sometimes have. The fuse does not break apart and are available everywhere as they are used in vehicles. Got mine at Trotac Marine in Victoria.

Last edited:
You can switch to marine grade 30 amp blade fuse holders and blade fuses - pretty much water proof. I really like them and have not had corrosion problems or poor contact problems like the round type sometimes have. The fuse does not break apart and are available everywhere as they are used in vehicles. Got mine at Trotac Marine in Victoria.

X2 MARINE GRADE - with watertight seals. Fill the fuse holder with dielectric grease just to be sure no water gets in.

I actually saw some of those as I was making my rounds and thought about it, may make it a later summer project as like you said, the fuses are available everywhere!

X2 MARINE GRADE - with watertight seals. Fill the fuse holder with dielectric grease just to be sure no water gets in.

Thanks Big Guy. As I said ^^^ to Rockfish, will make that upgrade soonest but may be after I get home after my month on the Island. In the interim, great suggestion about the dielectric, I think I'll fill the Scotty ones I have with it.

These are easy to install in a panel. You just press the button and it resets. There are also automatic reseting one as well. Beats looking for a fuse when your downrigger ball is hung up on the bottom and you are trying to manuver the boat to get over it, or watching the line pulling off.IMG_20160621_193427.jpg

I have neither a panel nor a bus bar, just a simple 14' aluminum wired directly to the battery! So inline fuses it is for me until I upgrade to something bigger. Lol

Back