Scotty downriggers-service

Charter Tofino

They say if its to good to be true it probaly is. Picked up two electric downriggers at 100 apiece both said to be working in dec shape. They were both abused and only one worked. The one that works im sending down to scotty to get completly fixed up.Does anyone thats done this know how much roughly it would cost and how long it would take. On top of this the boats been rigged up like junk for electrics so ill have to redo that aswell.

Oh yea was also wondering should i return the one that doesnt work and get it refurbished completely or return it and buy another used for 250$

Send them both in kelly as scotty will fix them for you they may or not be a fee every thing costs LOL but then you know they will be completly servuced and new and ready to go I personally would send them right to the factory in sydney.

good luck Wolf

If you mention you bought them used you will have to pay for everying ...lesson learned .

I am keeping one and getting the parts and fixing it up myself and taking the other one back. Im not the original owner and i know all i have to do is say that i am but feel crappy about taking advantage of their good service.These things were Sh*& kicked so it would take alot of work. Next time ill send them in if they break down from my use.

don't feel bad, the warranty is there to be used...
they will bill you for all the user damaged parts and replace
everything else

Taking the one with blown engie back and gettin a manual with a 30 inch boom:DIll use it a few months then get another electric and use the manual as a backup. I dont even mind the manuals keeps it interesting

Kelly send them both in you would not believe some of the conditions I have seen in there.dont even bother trying to fix it your other one they WILL do it for you!!!!!

The guys down at the plant are great they look after the true "fisherman" and treat me very very well and if you ask they mke take you on a tour. I still remember sitting in old mr scotts office some 30 years ago with my dad he would have a coffee or others things LOL with him down in james bay.

Just like RS said they really dont mind they like to see what and how on there machines.

Wolf

I never cease to be impressed with Scotty's after sales support! I took my 2 beaten riggers in a couple of weeks ago and they came out about like new; one even had to go to Victoria for repairs. Kelly, you could always ask the guy you bought them from if you could send them in in his name? Not quite kosher I guess.

Scotty has one of the most generous and comprehensive warranties on the market. Their service clinics are truely remarkable and service goes far beyond what one would expect. I have owned too many of their products to list and have enjoyed prompt and personal service over many years.

Being in business I would mention that there are warranty criteria and conditions for a reason and, if people abuse such then that service and, perhaps, the company may not be available in the future.

Fishing Guide
BC Outdoors Pro Staff
Invictus Charters

I am Canadian. Let's go fishing, eh!

Back