Scotty downrigger model?

ronedog

Looking at buying a scotty electric downrigger...I've only had manual canon ones...i fish for recreation and fun with kids, never more than 150ft...I found the pictures scotty for $325, but guy doesnt know model and age...anyone able to tell by the picture what ur and model? Is the price a good buy? Thx for help.

Screenshot_20211204-134519_Facebook.jpg

that's the general price range for a used scotty, looks like a fixed mount, most guys mount a swivel base on their gunnels

Is it a good model? Are there known issues or problems with these older models? Home reliable are they?

Ok the seller gave me a number under the lid...55340...he says the last time the downrigger was used was in 1998...for $325, is that a bit much for a 23 years of non use? What would need to be replaced, lubes, or done to it now? Thx

Ok the seller gave me a number under the lid...55340...he says the last time the downrigger was used was in 1998...for $325, is that a bit much for a 23 years of non use? What would need to be replaced, lubes, or done to it now? Thx
I’d say since it’s a older unit no more then $250 imo

Ok thx...do u think these older models are reliable enough to spend the $250, or would I be better off putting the $250 towards a newer model? Thx

Ok thx...do u think these older models are reliable enough to spend the $250, or would I be better off putting the $250 towards a newer model? Thx
If it was me newer is better imo.. some guys will disagree but for 150$ more you can get 1101 or 1106 models

I agree, spend a bit more and go for a 1106, they are work horses. As far as I’m concerned, best rigger Scotty has made

Also like the single belt model, the one in the picture is a double belt model if I’m not mistaken

If you’re not going to buy it, I’ll take the sellers contact info?

Back