Scammy DMs…anyone else?

Sliver09

Hey sfbc community,

I recently posted a wanted ad for a helm seat in the buy/sell forum.

Today I’ve received two DM responses from what seem to me like Scammy sources. Both were new members in minutes of sending the messages and asking me to email someone else that had a helm seat for sale.

Anyone else experienced something like this on here?

Hey sfbc community,

I recently posted a wanted ad for a helm seat in the buy/sell forum.

Today I’ve received two DM responses from what seem to me like Scammy sources. Both were new members in minutes of sending the messages and asking me to email someone else that had a helm seat for sale.

Anyone else experienced something like this on here?
Yes thank you. They went into the ad I placed looking for a TR3, gave me an email of someone who happens to have one that apparently lives in Winnipeg of all places, and when that person replied, it was a TR3 with logos and engraving from a Brown’s Bay chum tournament on the island. it was just a convoluted conversation, wouldn’t say a price, I’d need to pay for shipping etc. I was going to let the admin know that it seems strange, and the check up on the person who gave me the private message recently. Clearly they are a member because they found my ad. Then the person who sent me the private message said he knows other people with TR3’s for sale.

I have removed the offending accounts now. If you receive these types of fishy DM's just send a message direct to the Admin account so we receive a notification and we can get it dealt with quickly.

Thanks,

Brian

Last edited:
I was looking through all my old DMs this past weekend and found something like this-so easy to tell these people don't fish-or know anything except how to steal.

Back