Spam / Scam private messages

Unreel

Has anyone else had private messages sent to them in regards to something you have posted in the buy sell thread from new or guest accounts with a email to contact them? I've had this twice now in response to an item i have listed in the buy sell. Anyone else getting these messages? I am assuming they are scams or email phishing.
Here's the 2 different messages sent by 2 different accounts

"Well if u are still interested in getting Inboard exhaust Y connector I have a friend who can help u with that. Not sure if it’s still available but you can try. Here’s his mail robertosantiago257@yahoo.com"

"hello are you still interested in getting this?.
you can contact john he has a Inboard exhaust Y connector for sale........... PM him @ johncoyier283@gmail.com"
@Admin

Yup, used to all the time. Not so much anymore.

Everyday, there are a number of sign ups that are caught by the "spam catcher" program in the forum. However, it is not 100% fool proof and once in awhile one of them manages to sneak through. We review the new members regularly and remove the spam accounts, but sometimes, before we get to them, they will use the PM function to send messages similar to the ones you have posted here. The best thing to do is to send a PM to the Admin account to report it, as this will trigger an alert and we can remove the offending account immediately. The sooner we learn about it the quicker we can respond and keep them from contacting other members.

Thanks,

Brian

Back