Say one wanted to by a used 225 or 250

23Hourston

Let's say someone wanted to by a used
225 or 250 for a pod conversion on a 23 hourston
Where would he look for said motor.
Anyone deal with this guy.

Mgmarineoutboard.com
Buying new is not going to happen

craigslist/kijiji or phone around to some marine engine rebuilders, make sure to go through the proper steps of checking compression, check leg oil, prop cond etc , having service records or atleast bills from work just being preformed, make sure its run up and possibly even sea trialed if attached to a boat that its being removed from etc.

for those prices on that website those are smokin deals, brand new those engines would be 15 - 20k easily being 4 stroke efi

Smokin deals... i bought an opti from that guy and it blew in 40 hours.

Ok let's try this
Anyone ever buy a used motor
With warranty and were happy
I see sg power and Sherwood don't show there motors online

If you want to buy a rebuilt engine Robins Marine in Kamloops has TONS of stock you could give him a shout, hes always tearing down and rebuilding big outboards.

I bought a used motor off a local shop, no warranty but I have been dealing with them for years and they have always treated me fair and that goes a long way versus a warranty that some wont cover. The waranty is only as good as the shop.

I would not buy anything from mg outboard or whatever marios biz is called, theres a reason his motors sit on the market for a long time. And ask steely how his purchase went. Marine dealers would be the best places to look, SG, Sherwood, Breakers, Port boathouse, Parksville boathouse, galleon marine, Campbell river boatland is a yama dealer also I believe.

I bought 2 used motors off alpine, a Verado and a kicker.

30-day warranty from a reputable dealer was the way to go for me.

Back