Save your honey holes before updating Navionics!

Rain City

Crew Member
We just lost half the bottom detail as well as the RCAs due to licensing BS. My charts on my boat are still fine. App is toast. Everything still looks detailed but they've softened all the real good prawn pockets. Do a comparison if you have an old and new device.

Hey RC what was the licencing issue they responded with? I''ve been pondering this all day and wondering if it has something to do with Garmin as their Blue Charts chip doesn't work with other finders besides their own. Maybe I"m just thinking too hard getting ready for night shift but possibly wanting to corner the market on fishfinders?????

Hey RC what was the licencing issue they responded with? I''ve been pondering this all day and wondering if it has something to do with Garmin as their Blue Charts chip doesn't work with other finders besides their own. Maybe I"m just thinking too hard getting ready for night shift but possibly wanting to corner the market on fishfinders?????
She said the data comes from multiple sources. Couldn't say if it had anything to do with the hostile takeover.

That explains what happened to my mobile app. Thought it was just an attempt to get everyone to buy an upgrade.

Going to be purchasing a new chip soon which chip should a guy get? I ran my Garmin Bluechart on my old boat but going to be running a Humminbird this season.

Thanks for the heads up, I actually took a picture of each and every wave point ( about 90 of them). Feel relieved, but had to do this before in the past selling a boat with the chartplotter on it. Cheers to you all for this info.

Thanks for the heads up, I actually took a picture of each and every wave point ( about 90 of them). Feel relieved, but had to do this before in the past selling a boat with the chartplotter on it. Cheers to you all for this info.
Has anyone done the deep dive on the C-map charts? I was looking at the Reveal charts for my Simrad. I recently updated my Navionics, but I'm really not too impressed with them, lots of places up north I'm a anchoring in the tree's.

It's hard to do a comparison sitting at my desktop. Opinions?

I have the cmap reveal chart just arrived haven’t used it yet. Easy way to compare is download the Simrad or lowrance app and play with the charts. They use cmap charts. Personally I like the vector charts better……. I was told they will be adding in the rcas etc but no dates given for that yet.

Has anyone done the deep dive on the C-map charts? I was looking at the Reveal charts for my Simrad. I recently updated my Navionics, but I'm really not too impressed with them, lots of places up north I'm a anchoring in the tree's.

It's hard to do a comparison sitting at my desktop. Opinions?
I've seen a lot of fancy maps with cool colors but the details you want for prawning just weren't there.

They updated it so the sponge reef is back. Contours aren't fixed. Poop.

Back