Sausage Casing Brands

Captain PartyMarty

Crew Member
Hi All

I am planning on attempting to make some deer/pork breakfast sausage again. Last year I used a collagen casing from stuffers out here in aldergrove. The casing really ruined cooking experience and was awful to eat. really rubbery and terrible.

For those experts out there is a type or brank you would recommend for this kind of application. I have tried with natural casing before and it much better but the effort and difficulty level is much higher.

Thanks

PS: Can you tell fishing is over until Sept......

I use collagen for breakfast but all others of my brands I make is hog casing.
it all depends on how you cook them too, I bake my breakfast ones on low medium on a fry pan.

The hog casing ones I think i make about 10 different variety's for hunters and farmers is mostly BBQ one thing about cooking sausages if its to hot the casing will split and all the juices will flow out so low medium heat is best.

If you have any questions bud just call me

I use collagen for breakfast but all others of my brands I make is hog casing.
it all depends on how you cook them too, I bake my breakfast ones on low medium on a fry pan.

The hog casing ones I think i make about 10 different variety's for hunters and farmers is mostly BBQ one thing about cooking sausages if its to hot the casing will split and all the juices will flow out so low medium heat is best.

If you have any questions bud just call me
Good tip on the low heat do casing does not blow out. Thanks.

I've had good success with the collagen casings for my breakfast sausage. Maybe give them another try. I've used Stuffers and Cabelas and both were fine. Maybe try cooking at a little lower Temps. I agree that the hog casings are more work but I definitely use them for my smokies and dinner sausage. They make a nice product.

Back