Salmon Shark and Halibut

Really enjoyed your video.Has it all ,big fish,small fish, great eating on the water,some really nice drone video.Nice boat.Living the life.Couldn't help but notice the lack of space in the cockpit ,a pod in the future?

I am often curious about the music choice in someone's own video, the actual song/music but most often the volume that is it set at relative to conversation in the video.

I am often curious about the music choice in someone's own video, the actual song/music but most often the volume that is it set at relative to conversation in the video.
Yeah, mixing is often overlooked for a while with new YT channels, but I think people get to understand its importance fairly quickly. I don't have a lot of patience for poorly mixed videos, but that's probably because I mix films and write music for a living ;) The bigger step is often using wires (lav mics) and an external audio recorder. This is key for hosted videos where the host is often not facing the camera.

Anyhoo, this one is primarily music driven, and that often works - keeps the hype going - and they paid attention to the mix to some degree. Cool video. The shark is nuts!

Really enjoyed your video.Has it all ,big fish,small fish, great eating on the water,some really nice drone video.Nice boat.Living the life.Couldn't help but notice the lack of space in the cockpit ,a pod in the future?
Thank you! It was my friends boat so im not sure what he plans on doing.

I try to pick my music based on the feel it gives to the video and if it helps add to the feel im trying to get across.

Yeah, mixing is often overlooked for a while with new YT channels, but I think people get to understand its importance fairly quickly. I don't have a lot of patience for poorly mixed videos, but that's probably because I mix films and write music for a living ;) The bigger step is often using wires (lav mics) and an external audio recorder. This is key for hosted videos where the host is often not facing the camera.

Anyhoo, this one is primarily music driven, and that often works - keeps the hype going - and they paid attention to the mix to some degree. Cool video. The shark is nuts!
Thank you, I try to get a match with the feel of my videos and the music I use.

The shark was so crazy we didn't believe what we saw for a bit!

Ive heard salmon shark are good! how much meat in pounds do you think you get off this one? do you steak them out?
That one was 130# , 20 us ate on it the first night and the 2 guests still took about 20# each home

Caught this salmon shark while salmon fishing out of Engelfield on Haida Gwaii in early September, 2014. He couldn't bite off the leader as it was lip hooked. It was about 40 pounds and took forever to get to the boat. It was our first day and the guide was brand new too so nobody knew whether you were allowed to keep it and didn't think that it was good eating.

After getting back to the lodge and word getting around, the chef was pissed off as he wanted to cook salmon shark for the lodge. Apparently, they are very good eating. Caught quite a few more salmon sharks on the trip but they all eventually bit us off.

Attachments

• IMG_0622.jpeg
    IMG_0622.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 83
Caught this salmon shark while salmon fishing out of Engelfield on Haida Gwaii in early September, 2014. He couldn't bite off the leader as it was lip hooked. It was about 40 pounds and took forever to get to the boat. It was our first day and the guide was brand new too so nobody knew whether you were allowed to keep it and didn't think that it was good eating.

After getting back to the lodge and word getting around, the chef was pissed off as he wanted to cook salmon shark for the lodge. Apparently, they are very good eating. Caught quite a few more salmon sharks on the trip but they all eventually bit us off.
The Englefeild chef in 2014 was my chef at CQA In 2007 when we caught and ate that 130#er in my picture.

I was a guest at WCR at Englefield in 2016, some of the American guests that were up there were targeting salmon sharks. They were using steel leaders and specialty rods and reels that they brought up themselves. The fights would take hours sometimes.

There was one hot chinook area where the salmon sharks were hanging out, and they were wiping out our herring and leader set-ups, so we had to move elsewhere.

I was a guest at WCR at Englefield in 2016, some of the American guests that were up there were targeting salmon sharks. They were using steel leaders and specialty rods and reels that they brought up themselves. The fights would take hours sometimes.

There was one hot chinook area where the salmon sharks were hanging out, and they were wiping out our herring and leader set-ups, so we had to move elsewhere.
As the leader supplier to WCR back in the day they were great for bussiness.. i even got asked to put together some shark leaders :)

As the leader supplier to WCR back in the day they were great for bussiness.. i even got asked to put together some shark leaders :)
who was the manufacturer for the salmon leaders for trolling with herring? Were those 6' stock or longer? I used to slide my foam roll over the antenna and pull them off as needed through the trip, super handy.

Back