Salmon River Diversion to be fixed by 2018

Sure hope they are fencing that..not sure if that is deer or elk friendly....

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure hope they are fencing that..not sure if that is deer or elf friendly....

Thanks for your note of that Derby.

We elfs have a lot of trouble getting across obstructions like that and, well, you know, being an elf isn't really all that it's cracked up to be and furthermore........................................oh crap......just realized you really don't mean "elf", do you?

Poop.

We elves never catch a break.

Take care.

Hey guys - don't forget - equal rights to "fairies" now - not just elves. I liked it better spelt "elf" Derby. Thought the woods near your home were truly "magical". I was wondering how they were constructing elf-passages. Funny post Dave H!

If you open it up to fairies.. You gotta consider the needs of dwarfs and hobbits too. The hobbit-lobby's a powerful one.

Derby has issues with Elk; a bad experience once and he is ruined; his mind has trained him not to say it or spell it I am guessing.

Just give it time - I'm sure the dwarves will be worse than the elk. DFO-approved troll/dwarf crossing below; after royalty pay-outs from the 3 movies - the hobbits just use helicopters now:

Attachments

• trollbridge1.jpg
    trollbridge1.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 122
On topic again.............................. I'm hoping something effective comes from this and the sooner the better.
There is a ton of good habitat above the diversion that hasn't been readily accessible for years and with that race of big steelies in the Salmon it would be nice to give them more chances at succeeding. Would be nice to have a more secure passage downstream for smolts too. That gate used to lift under heavy flow which is why every now and then someone catches a 10 lb "Rainbow" in the Lower Campbell. They're Salmon River steelhead that transferred watersheds.
We don't need that.

Been lots of time and effort put in by some dedicated guys to get to here.
My hat's off to them.

Here's hoping.

Take care.

Sayward Fish and Game and Campbell River Salmon Society people sank a boatload of time into getting Hydro's attention. They have been at it for years. Nice to see they were acknowledged. Lost in the shuffle once the bands got involved. All of them will be content if it finally happens.

I wasn't one of them, so here's to you gentlemen.

Habitat available is amazing.

Back