Sage bails on gear rods

rln

Sage will no longer offer their "Gear" rod lineup and blanks are also discontinued for the upcoming 2010-2011 season. They are already out of a few models. They will however still cover all warranty issues.

Sage is totally over priced as far as I am concerned. There are others that are more reasonably priced that do the same job. Soooo- no loss for me. [8D]

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

I love Sage Rods I just hate their rep. As long as P.... M....son is still their rep I will not buy or use any of my Sage Rods. The guy is a jerk. I own thousands of dollars of Sage gear and till the day he is gone it will sit in my closet as every time I use it I think of him and my day in ruined. I should just sell the stuff as even making this post pisses me off. I have rods that have never even seen the water due to that *****.

Sold my S*g* off (at a profit) and will never touch their gear again.

Too many innovative companies with outstanding products and professional customer service for me to ever deal with S*G* again.

I would blame it all on Pet.. Morr.... He has run Sage into the ground here in BC. I once loved and wished I could own one, now that I own lots..I wish I never did..

Way to go Pet.r...You Jerk.

Hope you enjoyed your time with Shelly and Courtnay...

I have been lucky to have owned just about every gloomis ,lamiglas and sage drift rod ever made , thanks to working in the industry and will have to say out of these three rod manufacturers sage had done the best job of rod desighn for our fishing conditions those rods are in my oppion ...,fishing close to 28 years the best suited to our river conditions,techniques and the fish we chase, truly a loss to the sport ,the value of these rods will skyrocket now .So if you have never owned one better try to lay you'er hands on one soon , because like the brown blanks as soon as they are all of the store shelves they will double in value as for there rep what can I say..... no one is perfect[V] get them while you can I have gotten rid of all my lamis and loomis rods and now will start buying up spare sages to sell later[}:)]

Back