Sage 3113 mb -- 4 Sale

hambone

Sage 3113 mb, built by Tyee Marine.
As seen in picture, using the brown blank.

Great condition, includes rod sock but no tube..

$350 firm.

IMG_6689.jpgIMG_6690.jpg

getting into Vancouver at all????

as i live on the sunshine coast Gibsons interested
but would like to have a waggle of it before hand

where on the island ?

What's the line weight on that rod and how does it differ from the LB? I may be interested
in purchasing this rod from you.

Thanks.

Sage GSH 3113MB..... The first 3 is the power (3), followed by the length 11'3" and then MB = medium blank, whereas the LB = light blank.
The line weight isn't written on the rod but I believe it would be 12-20.

I found this online:

Excellent rod for medium-to-large rivers where long casts make line control a must. Combining power with sensitivity, this slow-action centerpin rod makes casting a pleasure.

Model# Action Length Line Weight Lure Weight
3113M CP Medium 11'3" 12-20 1-1/4 - 2

Last edited by a moderator:
The 3113 is a great rod I used one as my main Salmon/Steelhead rod for years.

Thought about buying some to use in the salt-motor mooching & downrigging-but the rep for Sage was such a jackass/idiot/jerk that I switched to Loomis.

Faster action and a jerk-free company sealed the deal.

Thought about buying some to use in the salt-motor mooching & downrigging-but the rep for Sage was such a jackass/idiot/jerk that I switched to Loomis.

It appears we both had the same experience, lol.

Meter Porrison? ;-)

Sage GSH 3113MB..... The first 3 is the power (3), followed by the length 11'3" and then MB = medium blank, whereas the LB = light blank.
The line weight isn't written on the rod but I believe it would be 12-20.

I found this online:

Excellent rod for medium-to-large rivers where long casts make line control a must. Combining power with sensitivity, this slow-action centerpin rod makes casting a pleasure.

Model# Action Length Line Weight Lure Weight
3113M CP Medium 11'3" 12-20 1-1/4 - 2

The factory green 3113M CP is indeed rated 12-20 however, the original brown 3113MB is rated 8-20lb

Thanks for the info hambone. I'm considering a gsh 3106lb rod now instead.

Bt

Awesome, I'm sure you'll love it. If you plan on fishing salmon as well as steelhead then I would consider going for the 3113 (that being said, I've never held a 3106). In my time with the 3113mb I caught a few larger coho and chums and the rod certainly had enough power.

Back