Rust mark on Manifold

trophy fisher

Noticed a strange rust mark on the side of one of my mercruiser inboard manifolds near the cast lettering near the middle. It's not wet but suspect it's a crack starting to show. As far as I know they are original to the boat from 2003. What is the best case repair for this? Just the manifold or should I replace the risers as well? I'll try to post a picture soon. TF

Noticed a strange rust mark on the side of one of my mercruiser inboard manifolds near the cast lettering near the middle. It's not wet but suspect it's a crack starting to show. As far as I know they are original to the boat from 2003. What is the best case repair for this? Just the manifold or should I replace the risers as well? I'll try to post a picture soon. TF
Well looks like your in the same scenario as me. I'm having to replace my manifolds and risers. The question is do I replace them with merc, Barr or Sierra? I have a 2000 that I got out of the states 4 yrs ago and it had a rebuilt in it with I'm guessing the original manifolds etc. still thrown on it. What type of cooling system do you have on yours? I need to research what I should be doing? The fuel pump went and now it has created a **** storm of other problems. Any feed back would be great.

2003 ? You have done extremely well and need to replace both manifolds and risers. I have been told anything over about 7 years is a bonus .

Back