3BD4064A-4976-4F9C-88A7-D18B27871041.jpeg
    139.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 94F178DA-6F8A-4B46-A283-479E7E74C6F5.jpeg
    94F178DA-6F8A-4B46-A283-479E7E74C6F5.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 58
  • F1F18107-0F38-4235-A502-45F988A1F19A.jpeg
    F1F18107-0F38-4235-A502-45F988A1F19A.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 58
What sort of adhesive would be best for a carpeted liner?
not knowing what your dealing with but I'd trim the carpet back to expose solid material of some kind. Every build is different... just gotta think out side the box sometimes as it can have awesome results. Got a pic of what your dealing with?

I like this set and this link is where you purchased ?
yep been getting a fair amount from Aliexpress just 4-6 week wait time ...its a China version of ebay but with better shipping rates

yep been getting a fair amount from Aliexpress just 4-6 week wait time ...its a China version of ebay but with better shipping rates
Love aliexpress for some things. I bought a new seat fabric and foam for my truck for like $30 and it’s around $200 on Amazon. Just don’t buy clothes on there. I bought “daiwa” rain gear for like $7. The XL size fits like a medium haha. And it’s not waterproof what’s so ever.

Love aliexpress for some things. I bought a new seat fabric and foam for my truck for like $30 and it’s around $200 on Amazon. Just don’t buy clothes on there. I bought “daiwa” rain gear for like $7. The XL size fits like a medium haha. And it’s not waterproof what’s so ever.
yeah clothes are hit and miss on the sizes....lol but diesel heater parts ....braid and most of my electronic gadgets are from there .....

yeah clothes are hit and miss on the sizes....lol but diesel heater parts ....braid and most of my electronic gadgets are from there .....
Oh nice will do and noticed your Amundsen prostaff . I purchased 3x Savvy Sumo MH 6.3 jigging rods last year and sweet rods

Need recommendations for inside the cuddy for rod storage racks on the sides and on the roof . I have way too many rods on the boat Lol .
I installed these into the cuddy of my 22’ Pursuit, I like the adjustability, and didn’t want holes in my boat. I stitched them onto the headliner and they have been solid for five years.

After several other purchased and home made my favorite is wood rails, wire management for velcro by Panduit.Pandit. no rattle. Holds any rod. I will be doing this again.
I’m going to order some supplies and build a set of these to hang vertically, any suggestions before I do? Looks straightforward, 6” strap and single screw through the middle to fix to the wood?

I engineered this one a few years ago in our 23. Can't beat the hole and hook style for sheer convenience. Resized_20210204_162930.jpg

I could have done rounded corners and made it super nice, but I built it from some wierd sheet of delrin poly plastic that I had and it was sitting in the shop for a long time. Not nice to cut. Figured just use it instead of cutting up a sheet of HDPE. It's for me so I said what the he'll it's a fish boat

Last edited:
Looking to add some overhead rod storage in my cuddy as well to appreciate the comments / links on this thread so far. I have an aluminum boat and I plan to weld a few tabs on the ceiling so that I can attach/mount some sort of rod storage system. I like the functionality of the system in the pic attached but it looks quite dinky/brittle. I think ideally I like to find something similar but using something like 1/2" plastic (HDPE/LDPE/etc). Anyone know with that sort of thing exists?

If not, what would be the best material to try to make my own with? Is a sheet of 1/2" HDPE fairly easy to work with/cut/router? thanks for any tips.

Attachments

• rod storage.JPG
    rod storage.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 20
Looking to add some overhead rod storage in my cuddy as well to appreciate the comments / links on this thread so far. I have an aluminum boat and I plan to weld a few tabs on the ceiling so that I can attach/mount some sort of rod storage system. I like the functionality of the system in the pic attached but it looks quite dinky/brittle. I think ideally I like to find something similar but using something like 1/2" plastic (HDPE/LDPE/etc). Anyone know with that sort of thing exists?

If not, what would be the best material to try to make my own with? Is a sheet of 1/2" HDPE fairly easy to work with/cut/router? thanks for any tips.
Last Call, I have used the holders in your picture for the past 4 years. They’re manufactured by a U.S. company called Cold Tuna Fishing, website is Coldtuna.com. Price is very reasonable, they’re very well made and with the bungee cord there is no rattling while running out, and they hold 4 Hali setups no problem. I thought about making a ceiling holder for my boat until I found these.

I've mounted these in my cuddy also, above where I sleep which goes under my table on port side, they work great and would recommend
I'll add a pic of it tomorrow

Attachments

• 20230330_095622.jpg
    20230330_095622.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 23
Back