Rod Storage Area (Side Gunwale) 17' Runabout

Dencope

Hey guys, looking for some ideas for the side gunwale area on my 17.2 Hourston. I've recently ripped out the blue vinyl coating as it was dirty and starting to peal back. Also I wanted to re-seal some holes that were drilled in by the previous owner to run wiring and to fasten rod holders.

Does anybody have any ideas to make the storage area useful and what to coat it with that is water tight and looks decent? Just about to tackle this and thought I'd throw it out there for any ideas.

Thanks

I store rods in a rack up under the dash. This leaves the gunwale storage for easy access paddles, boat pole, fenders, day anchor, baler, DR weights, sweaters, water bottles, etc etc. Down side is that I have to break them in half to store, and keel down to get them in and out. I was going to paint my gunwale storage just with some marine latex.

I have a 17' Hourston which I ripped out the material that was in the gunwales because it was cracked. I replaced it with duradeck and used Heavy Duty contact cement to attach it. Third season with it in, still very durable and no bubbling.

where cam u buy the duradeck brand
deck material Fish Rider..?

You can also get some at your local Home Depot if that's closer to you. Other building supply stores should also have some.

Oly

Back