Review Wolf cc 17 foot welded al

hi there!

i'm looking at purchasing a new wolf 17 foot centre console pacific cruiser, just looking for any feedback on this size, style of boat and how well it will handle the chuck, I realize bigger is better but i'm trying to get a good all round boat that I can river fish and haul to the coast come summer to fish nootka and areas.....probably will put a 90hp etec or Yamaha on it.....any thoughts?

much appreciated!

No first hand experience but Wolf aluminum boats certainly look like they're built bomb-proof. River and Ocean will definitely be a compromise - for the one application you want shallow draft and the other you want a deep-vee to minimize the pounding. Center consoles are great in the river and very utilitarian but then you give up a top and the BC coast isn't called the "wet coast" for nothing, particularly the west coast like nootka.

Still, what boat isn't a compromise? Wolf hull will last multiple lifetimes so should be good there. Regarding size rule of thumb if I remember is that if the **** hits the fan a seaworthy boat should be able to withstand a breaking wave height that is 50% of your boat length, so 8-9ft for a 17-footer. But, for safety sake you likely don't want to be in breaking waves anywhere near that, particularly not in a centre console as the whole boat is open to taking on water. Fine in the sounds most days in the summer, pick your days to peek out into the open. Good kicker, vhf and electronics for safety, etc, etc.

Anyway, much more experienced boaters on here than me who I'm sure will give you good advice.

Cheers!

Ukee

Thanks Ukee! I hear exactly what you're saying about being wet....spent many of days in winter harbour and nootka on a 20 footer....little scared i'm going too small at 17 hence this post, maybe I should be going 18-20 and sacrifice some fuel economy...... just a bit big for rivers but might be glad I have it on the chuck......part of me is saying 17 to keep fuel down on daily runs too....anyways...good feedback

I have been out on a couple wolf boats they are well put together tuff boats

Last edited:
Back