Retirees Work a little -FISH a lot!

MikeC

admin - my apologies if not allowed on forum, please delete, thanks

Popular west coast sports fishing Marina/Campground on Vancouver Island looking for (semi) or retired couple (no single people please) with own RV. Mid/end of May to mid September. Top fishing area on the island! Work a few hours and then go fishing… good life!!
Exchange full service campsite & moorage in exchange for 15-20 hrs work per week. Work would include power washing/weed whacking, some maintenance and cabin cleaning/keeping.
The right couple would work into a paid seasonal management position after a few years! Amazing perks!
Only mature (no hard party types please), trustworthy and fun/friendly (with clients) people should apply for this fun position in a remote area with spectacular fishing!

Please contact via email with any questions, thanks! Oceans.mike at GMAIL.com

If you keep your head down and your nose clean, in a couple of years you might even make it onto the payroll!

4 months x 4.2 (weeks per month) x 15-20hrs/week = 252-336 hours of work = average of 294 hrs of work

294(hours) x 20($/hour) = 5880 ($)

That seems like a fairly expensive seasonal!

Thanks for your valued insight on this.
Those that are sincerely interested will find the discussion of perks of the job quite interesting, and will be able to make their decision based on all the facts not just numbers! It is what your “seasonal” includes that determines value.
Would hope that only those actually interested in the position would respond, and discussions would follow from that!
Thanks!

If you keep your head down and your nose clean, in a couple of years you might even make it onto the payroll!

4 months x 4.2 (weeks per month) x 15-20hrs/week = 252-336 hours of work = average of 294 hrs of work

ADV has a good point. I pay my caretaker 30/h which is up $10/h from 2 years ago. They also get 40% discounted rent. Wages are up everywhere in tourism. Hard to find good people even when your willing to pay them.

Gl on your search.

I think they want your wife to work for free too so that would be minimum $11k in free labour for a seasonal rv site

Hey folks,
Lighten up, I am current caretaker not owner. Came for one year and stayed for ten, it was perfect for my wife and I and we still love it! Figure I have this season and maybe another to find the right someones and get them trained up to take over (I’m getting pretty ancient)
It’s a great gig and will fit the right couple and they will very happy with all that it entails. If not, they don’t take the job!
So please, if interested connect via email and all questions will be answered. If not interested in anything but speculation, please move on as I am sure you have better things to do.

What is the name of the resort? Obviously you can drive to it, so not totally remote. But knowing what it is and even where it is would be useful. If you don't want to reveal it, then seems too good to be true.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dunno…fully serviced RV site $50 - $60 per night…moorage prob $30 for my 22’ boat X 30 days in a month = $2700 x 4 months. Not too bad a deal IMHO…

This site is starting to turn into Facebook marketplace . You don’t like the offer, don’t take it.

^^^^^^
This has been stated before in the Buy/Sell. If you don't like the offering, just pass on by. If the OP doesn't get any takers, they can adjust their offering accordingly. Everyone's perspective on value is their own and commenting negatively on price, or in this case an exchange of time for services, does nothing but create ill will and makes people hesitate to post. The old adage of, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" applies to these scenarios. And no, we won't let this turn into FB Marketplace or Twitter, even at the risk of being called heavy handed in our moderation style! :)

Back