Replacing of side panels

Have a picture on hand? Where did you get the arberite from?
I think he means arborite, which is laminate counter top material. Very wide variety of colours and patterns and available at most home building store (e.g. Home Depot). You would use contact cement to bond to the underlying material. Not expensive, so a good choice IMO.

for a dedicated fishing machine you wont regret starboard, yes its pricey but for good reason. I work with it on boats all the time to do installations of all sorts of machinery and use starboard consistently. There is nothing readily available that has the same qualities as starboard, its incredibly uv stable (unlike regular HDPE) it can be shaped and finished well with regular wood working tools, and its tough as hell, and super easy to clean. I would recommend black as the white will show dirt that gets caught in scratches

McKillican 250-652-3700 they are just off Keating on Kirkpatrick Sorry not a great pictureIMG_2952.JPG

for a dedicated fishing machine you wont regret starboard, yes its pricey but for good reason. I work with it on boats all the time to do installations of all sorts of machinery and use starboard consistently. There is nothing readily available that has the same qualities as starboard, its incredibly uv stable (unlike regular HDPE) it can be shaped and finished well with regular wood working tools, and its tough as hell, and super easy to clean. I would recommend black as the white will show dirt that gets caught in scratches
Want to do mine? :p I'd love to do starboard, but if anyone has a lead on large sheets of it in Victoria, I would like to know!

Edit: nevermind - getting some sheets from Industrial Plastics this weekend! Build thread incoming.
Thanks for the tips. So pumped to get started.

Last edited:
Want to do mine? :p I'd love to do starboard, but if anyone has a lead on large sheets of it in Victoria, I would like to know!
they only come so big. 24"x54" but thats usually fine because most of the time you want a bulkhead/divider anyhow and you start a new sheet from there. Paynes/Land n Sea is the wholesaler in your area if you know someone with an account, otherwise your local marine supplier can get it.

Starboard at Industrial plastics is very expensive,try Plexiklass on John St..I use them all the time $13.50 Sq.Ft.for 1/2"which is 1/2 what others charge.

I would check out FRP at home depot. it is a fiberglass panel with some texture that comes in 4x8 sheets for dirt cheap compared to starboard. Cleans up well too. You might see some used in industrial applications. good luck. DAJ

I would check out FRP at home depot. it is a fiberglass panel with some texture that comes in 4x8 sheets for dirt cheap compared to starboard. Cleans up well too. You might see some used in industrial applications. good luck. DAJ
Description on HD website says it’s not suitable for outside use.

I replaced my cabin doors on my trophy last spring. I used marine grade plywood contact cement and white laminate it looks awesome. I used smith plywood in Langley huge selection of marine grade plywood

I itterally just used that inside my boat (its the zeta 24 build thread, but its only 1/8" thick so you need to have it laminated to something. I used it to cover up the fiberglass inside the hull (replacing the brown astroturf), and covering up section with MANY holes drill though on some cabin areas

Description on HD website says it’s not suitable for outside
Im sure thats because it doesent meet some part of the building code, but Ive seen it used mutiple times on boats with no ill effects. I have used it inside the hull of my boat and for the inteiror, Ive also seen it used to replace facias on back deck ice makers and freezers. Ive never seen anyone have any issue with it. but its not useable for this application unless its laminated to something else first.

Alright, inspiration time! Anyone have pictures of the sides so I can "leverage" your fine designs? :)
I bought some small and long hatches to pretty up the Downrigger accessory areas.

Back