Replacing a Washer and Dryer

Kisinana

OK, this is off fishing until replaced. We are looking to replace our W/D and have come down to 2. An LG 4.2 Cu ft and a 4.0 Kenmore Elite
Both are about the same price and options are comparable. both are S/S drums in wash and dry.
Any pros or cons from owners out there and if you have one of these makes have you had any repair problems?
Thanks for any input.

Kisinana

I can say from my experiences Kenmore has always been good to us, washers, dryers, dishwasher, etc. I can say that my friend had an LG dishwasher and had nothing but grief trying to get some warranty work done, in the end he had to take them to small claims court. The outcome was great as the company had posted a product recall just before the court case, got all his money back but not without the hassle..

Hope this helps

Esora

Had Kenmore washers and dryers first batch was from the late seventies sold it with our house in the mid nineties,bought some used ones, had those until four years ago, bought brand new then.Not one problem in that whole time.The new ones are not "tanks" like the old ones,but so far so good.My mom and dad bought an LG dryer dad cussed and swore about fixing it.Have had a kenmore fridge here for past ten years,and a range for six no problems.Knock on wood.Dan

Go with the Kenmore I have had them for years and have come to rely on Sears for their excellent service.

IMG_1445.jpg

Kenmore Elite or Whirl Pool all the way !
Last year I purchased a new W/D Kenmore Elite HE5-7 washer and Kenmore Elite HE5 Dryer from Sears. I did my researching on this. The Kenmore Elites are built by Whirl pool, both Kenmore Elites ane Whirl pool are built in the same factory in Germany. These are the best quality W/D. I recommend getting the base stands for both W/D. Worth the extra $$. The W/D sit on their own matching stands and you have a nice drawer at the bottom and now you don't have to bend over to take out your laundry... the doors are at mid dody level, no bending required, very easy to transfer laundery from the washing machine to the dryer. Washing machine is wisper quite, you walk by it and your like is it even on?? With a family and kids the W/D is working every day, Worth every penny.

Buy Kenmore from Sears as already mentioned, best appliance warranty and service of any store. My Kenmore fridge that I'd bought at Sears died a few weeks back. Sears replaced the compressor, that would have been a $600 repair bill free of charge. This was a couple months short of 5 years after purchase. Can't beat that for warranty service, go with Sears.

Another vote for Kenmore from me. Have an HE5-7 and have had no complaints. Sears service and warranty are way above average...

"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope."

Kenmore stackable HE4 units here as well. Rock solid. Haven't a clue how to use them but I never hear my wife bitching about them. LOL :D

Another for Kenmore! Worst thing I did was off my old Kenmores (26 yrs old) for new kit... Wrong!

Watch out for these features!!!!!

Washer front loads are OK, but TopLoads... Make sure they have real 2-3 speeds, not just some fake BS like full speed half the time as a second speed... Not! That's crap and your lady will eventually force you to get another washer... for darned good reasons.

Front loads are great, but for some reason I keep not really trusting the darned thing. How can it clean as well using 15% of the water? I still must be too old to figure that.

But, they are fabulous at cutting your drying time by less than half. They spin-dry like a wild tasmanian devil (as opposed to a tame one).

Cheers!

My Maytag washer just blew its transmission and is not even 5 years old...very disappointing. It was belt driven and I understand now that direct drive is the way to go.

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Kenmore yes, Whirlpool no. I am pretty sure they are damned near the same product but we bought a house with all Whirlpool appliances. They suck. Except for the Kenmore washer dryer we brought with us!

Well we just bought a whirlpool washer and dryer. I was unloading the washer and dropped it of the back of my truck ( there was a cable guy parked beside me watching and not offering any help) anyway I hooked it up before my wife showed up and ran it through the cycles with out a hitch. I would say whirlpool all they way!

Kenmore Washer & dryer have worked for us for over 12 years without a problem, which I could say the same for the rest of our appliances

Good Value, Good Service!

Back