Renfrew??

We picked up a couple of small Springs 10 and 12 pounds on Saturday at Camper, saw one nice one landed I believe by Miller Time. But it definately seemed slow. We fished the afternoon so I can't speak for the morning tides. Also lots of sun and flat as a lake out there.

Just got back from a 2 day stint in Renfrew Wed/Thurs this week. Fog was thick both days and didn't clear off until after noon. Fishing with the GPS/Chartplotter was the only way to go as visibility was less than a 1/4 mile.

Bite came on wild for about 90 minutes each day with double and triple headers, fish taking the bait off the surface before we could get the riggers down, and as we were pulling up lines to fight fish. Pinks are running now and we got into many of those (about 20), some nice hatchery Coho and some small Springs. Had my brothers from Ontario out and it was a great time.

We got off the water at noon on Thurs as the weather was forecast to get nasty, the ride back from Camper to the marina was pretty slow as the rollers got up to 6+ feet with a few that had us looking downward towards a blue wall several times.

Anchovy with Red and Green flashers and chrome teaser heads were working, but just as busy was a Deep6 with a Red Flasher and Purple Haze Hootchie off the back rod holder.

Heading for Renfrew on the 15 th for 4 days anyone off the forum going to be there ?
Will be in an 18ft Livingston White with blue trim all Yamaha powered , give a yell if you see me and go by !!

Cheers

AL

quote:Originally posted by alley cat

Heading for Renfrew on the 15 th for 4 days anyone off the forum going to be there ?
Will be in an 18ft Livingston White with blue trim all Yamaha powered , give a yell if you see me and go by !!

Cheers

AL
Dam I'm just gonna miss you. I'm heading for 4 days July 22 thru 25th
Ohwell u can give me the low down before i go

Jason

Are you staying at the marinia Al? I'll proably be out that way doing some more power poles and repairs,drop over to the white chevy van and say hi.DAN

Sounds good Al, will proablly be there the 17 or 18 or maybe both days.Can't miss me van is pretty obvious.But then again I may have to bring the boat out to do some dock work...wink,wink anyhow Bud Rex or Noel will know where I'm at,looking forward to swapping a few stories. DAN

Hey Al, I'll watch for you as I'll be there on Mon or Tuesday for a couple days. 16' silver streak, green top.

Back