Renfrew this weekend

R

Ringostar

Hey going out this weekend weather "looks" good. Any springs coming in?? Or should I chase bottom fish??

Can't go this weekend but I might go next. I would love to hear an update when you are back. Hopefully you will get springs and hali to make the trip really worth it. Good luck.

Can't go this weekend but I might go next. I would love to hear an update when you are back. Hopefully you will get springs and hali to make the trip really worth it. Good luck.

I am curious how long do you guys stay in a spot for hali's before going to the next if there are no bites in the swiftsure area. also how deep are the salmon out there, or am I just following the bait level[?]

I am curious how long do you guys stay in a spot for hali's before going to the next if there are no bites in the swiftsure area. also how deep are the salmon out there, or am I just following the bait level[?]

Assuming we get springs on the bank, I start at 60 feet and go down, the coho can be a real pain out there to get past. For halibut, this time of year you sit and stay on the anchor to make it pay. If you are going through the trouble of going out there, I think you will find that anchoring will produce much better fish this time of year, I realy don't think it's worth battling the spring weather to run farther then you have to to be rewarded with 10lb fish. We have not been going that far at all from home to get them, it's a matter of burning some gas, and trying the spots.

Certain structure fishes different ways depending on the tides, there is no one rule out there or anywhere for that matter. We don't have the same problems getting gear to the bottom that we do in Victoria with tides, we have much larger windows to fish, BUT every spot is different. A good bet would be to make sure you anchor RIGHT on top of whatever structure you have, and fish the downstream side ala fishing behind a big rock in a river. Play out some extra scope to your anchor float untill you are just a little downstream from the top of the structure.

I will work a spot right through a tide change if I feel good about it.

We don't get chickens stacking up out there en masse until June, at which point you don't stick it out for very long on any one spot as you make your drifts across the structure of your choice, back-trolling to maximize your lure exposure.

Assuming we get springs on the bank, I start at 60 feet and go down, the coho can be a real pain out there to get past. For halibut, this time of year you sit and stay on the anchor to make it pay. If you are going through the trouble of going out there, I think you will find that anchoring will produce much better fish this time of year, I realy don't think it's worth battling the spring weather to run farther then you have to to be rewarded with 10lb fish. We have not been going that far at all from home to get them, it's a matter of burning some gas, and trying the spots.

Certain structure fishes different ways depending on the tides, there is no one rule out there or anywhere for that matter. We don't have the same problems getting gear to the bottom that we do in Victoria with tides, we have much larger windows to fish, BUT every spot is different. A good bet would be to make sure you anchor RIGHT on top of whatever structure you have, and fish the downstream side ala fishing behind a big rock in a river. Play out some extra scope to your anchor float untill you are just a little downstream from the top of the structure.

I will work a spot right through a tide change if I feel good about it.

We don't get chickens stacking up out there en masse until June, at which point you don't stick it out for very long on any one spot as you make your drifts across the structure of your choice, back-trolling to maximize your lure exposure.

what is the recommended lure for salmon this time of year?? and if anchovy how far back from a flasher? I usually go between 50-60 inches

what is the recommended lure for salmon this time of year?? and if anchovy how far back from a flasher? I usually go between 50-60 inches

I am curious can I put my boat in friday night for first light on saturday is there a spot to keep it over night.

I am curious can I put my boat in friday night for first light on saturday is there a spot to keep it over night.

Back