Remote camping motor rinse?

No!
You are wasting the product. As soon as it appears or after 5 seconds, stop and leave the product in the engine

My instructions on an old bottle of salt away says to rinse after application. My dealer had told me to not rinse after foam - thus my question. Thanks for the pdf revised instructions.

Just wondering what guys do with their outboards when camping away from a freshwater hose? I ll be able to find a creek to rinse off the gear but not the outboard....I could probably rig up a pump and filter from the creek or am I over thinking it and it'll be fine for 2 weeks?
I made this for set up for flushing an outboard at a boat ramp with no running water. I attached a cheap bildge pump to the bottom of a Super Store green box. The power supply to the bilge pump comes from 15 feet of wire (with a switch) with a scotty plug on the end – plugged into my downrigger power outlet. A clear vinyl hose is attached to the bildge pump, and the other end of the hose goes to a set of ear muffs. Just remember to bring 5 gallons of fresh water to pour into the green box.IMG_0480.JPG

Last edited:
Back