Refuelling issues on a '06 GMC 6litre.

I have an '06 6 litre that we use as camper truck. For the last couple of yrs after refuelling it would take a couple attempts to restart the truck. After the truck is full of fuel there is no restart issue until the next refuel. Also as of lately the truck was park for 8 months and upon putting fresh fuel in the tank a vacuum noise comes from the fuel tank/tube and shuts down the pumps nozzle like the tank is full but far from.
So any in sight from the good peeps here?

Thanks.

I think you are experiencing fuel percolation, meaning the fuel in the fuel rail is actually percolating due to the engine heat build up after shut down and is atomizing somewhat, this causes a hard hot start until you pump enough fresh fuel into the rail to restart. and if this is the case its pretty normal, worse on some modles and never noticed on others.
I would hold the key to start position a little longer as well, I know some people release the key a little fast and in some cases the engine ecm/pcm needs to see 10 revolutions of the engine before firing.
does it seem worse in the hot summer and hardly affected in the colder winter months?
the other issue I would say is a blocked return/vent hose
but hey I've been away from the biz since '99 and a lot has changed so take it as you will

I thing IFL is on the right track. It is likely that your charcoal canister vent is plugged so when you refuel the tank the fuel vapors in the tank are being pushed up into the engine causing it to flood when you restart it. I would replace the canister and the vent solenoid and relocate the vent filter. GM released a vent relocate kit for this issue. Where are you located?

Back