reel re-spooled

scott craven

Had my mooching reel re-spooled today with 25lb berkeley
at a cost of $24.00. (price per yard .06)
Thought that seemed expensive until i priced a spool of the same
@19.95.
I guess 4 bucks is not much to pay for the quick service
not to mention getting rid of the old line.:)

Had my MR2 done at a local sporting goods shop last summer with 400yrds of ultra green and did they ever do a sh*** job, way way to loose. The first time I got it out on the water I had to let er all out and re do it :( :( from now on I'll buy it bulk and do it my self....

I've had bad luck with the sports shops spooling line for me as well. I don't think they set the tension right or something. Sometimes it's all twisted too. I just wait for a sale and do it myself. I wonder if they'd take the old line from you if you brought it in. I read something on a line package stating that the retailer should take the old line for recycling.

That is expensive. Bucky's in Duncan has always done a perfect job for me and the cost was $15 for 300 yds.
Going the bulk way is the only way to go whether you buy an enourmous spool yourself or get them to do it.
Personally, I think they can do a better job there with the re-spooling machine.

ya bucky`s seems 2 do a good job, never had a problem with loose or over lapping line. scottyboy

R.S. where was that?? you got that at???

Wolf

R.S. where was that?? you got that at???

Wolf

Gone Fishin in nanaimo seems to do a good job on my reels 320 yards for about $16.00

Gone Fishin in nanaimo seems to do a good job on my reels 320 yards for about $16.00

I ask because I was at trotac and asked about it for you ultra green spooled for you would be 17 bucks. just for future for you I just put on the new electric blue to try out.

Good luck Wolf

I ask because I was at trotac and asked about it for you ultra green spooled for you would be 17 bucks. just for future for you I just put on the new electric blue to try out.

Good luck Wolf

their prices must have went up island outfitters, i had one of my reels done last yr with maxima for about half of that, i think it depends also how much a regular customer u are there and who you deal with, they do give discounts to regulars, and they will usually match most prices out there, never spooled up at trotac but when i was there they had a couple big spools of maxima chamleon for dirt cheap, just not a fan of it, my buddy uses it and he swears by it so i am prejudice lol, i like ultra green but am interested in the new one wolf is trying
doh

their prices must have went up island outfitters, i had one of my reels done last yr with maxima for about half of that, i think it depends also how much a regular customer u are there and who you deal with, they do give discounts to regulars, and they will usually match most prices out there, never spooled up at trotac but when i was there they had a couple big spools of maxima chamleon for dirt cheap, just not a fan of it, my buddy uses it and he swears by it so i am prejudice lol, i like ultra green but am interested in the new one wolf is trying
doh

Something doesn't add up here. If you spent $24 @ 6 cents a yard then you put on 400 yards from the bulk spool. I believe the line comes in 300 yard spools and not 400 yard spools, and that would explain the price diference. To the best of my knowledge, they (Island Outfitters) charge nothing to spool the line as they do it as a service to the customer. Also, I believe the Maxima is 9 cents per yard and not per foot.

Personally, I like the Stren 30 lb in Solar Collector (Flo Yellow) best, followed by the Berkley in FLO Green and then FLO Blue. I always use a 30 lb mainline because of all the flotsam in the water. You don't need line that strong for salmon.

Something doesn't add up here. If you spent $24 @ 6 cents a yard then you put on 400 yards from the bulk spool. I believe the line comes in 300 yard spools and not 400 yard spools, and that would explain the price diference. To the best of my knowledge, they (Island Outfitters) charge nothing to spool the line as they do it as a service to the customer. Also, I believe the Maxima is 9 cents per yard and not per foot.

Personally, I like the Stren 30 lb in Solar Collector (Flo Yellow) best, followed by the Berkley in FLO Green and then FLO Blue. I always use a 30 lb mainline because of all the flotsam in the water. You don't need line that strong for salmon.

Back