Recharging your mustang inflatable

Finished Business

I got a pair of mustang manual (ripcord) inflatable pfd's with my boat. The air canister reads 'GREEN' which says its good to go. GIven I assume these vests are likely 4+ years old. I'm not as confident as I would like to be, should an instance come up where I need to deploy.

I could have just checked the web or mustangs site, but maybe others are interested in this information as well...

How often, or do you recharge your inflatable PFDs at any time other than when it reads "red"??

Shanks,

FB

Since there was no info offered...

I called Mustang directly. The CO2 Canisters to not need periodic recharging. If you vests reads "green" you are good to go. There is no 'expiration' on the CO2 canister.

One suggestion the Representative made is to visually inspect the canister for any signs of corrosion. If all looks good as new. The canister is fine. The Rep also suggested to periodically manually inflate (by blowing it up with your mouth) the vest. That way you can check for any leaks, or weaknesses (brittle, cracking) of the air bladder itself. If that all checks out, you can be confident your inflatable mustang PFD will be reliable when you need it.

Safe boatin' y'all!

Back