Ready for Kicker & Downriggers

P

PinchMe

Fall is fast approaching and I'm ready to rig my aluminum 2000 Crestliner 1750 Sport/Fish for saltchuck fishing.
I wish to purchase a set of Scotty - No.1116-Propack Electric Downriggers and have my Yamaha 8hp power tilt/remote installed. I've been quoted $589.95 ea for the riggers (Island Outfitters) and approx. $250 for kicker installation (Island Yamaha), plus mounting bracket. $265 for a top quality VHF handheld from ICOM.
Any opinions would be appreciated from members who have had recent positive experiences in these areas. I live in Victoria, so would like to have the work performed relatively close to home.
PinchMe
'cause I can't believe I live in such a beautiful part of the World!

That's a decent price for 1116's you might get them a bit cheaper somewhere else but how much money do you want to spend on gas/how much is your time worth?

i got my scotty electrics from wall mart before they realized there pricing was wrong , got mine for $430taxes in .check there. tight lines scottyboy

May also want to check Trotac on Dallas Road.
The boat is going to be well rigged.
Hope you catch many fish.

pinch me, if you want to go with a smaller boom size,try the scotty i think 1060 electrics got mine from cabelas for 299.00 U.S.same everything but shorter,mine also came witha pole holder.

thank you for all the input, I'll let you know how it went when I'm all done.
can't wait to get up to Browns Bay for the Chum Derby... heehaw!
PinchMe

also try the usedvictoria.com website. lost of good deals there.

Thanks for the great input guys. I've decided to wait another week or two before I make my decision, because I'm checking out all the leads you've suggested.
Craven, you wouldn't happen to have the Scotty sellers e-mail address off e-bay?
By the way, I'm checking into kicker steering systems and found this great hydraulic activated product at...
www.goetztroleze.com
Their response to a question I had about price and product description...
GRANT WE CAN HELP OUR DISTRIBUTOR IN YOUR AREA IS WESTERN MARINE PLEASE CALL THEM @ 604-253-3322 THANK YOU CHUCK GOETZ 208-882-6105
I keep posting as more info comes in, thanks again!
PinchMe
'cause I can't believe I live in such a beautiful part of the World!

Back