Ram Mount for Ipad

e-zee

Time to build a X-mas list and I'm looking at Ram mounts for my Ipad. I have room on my dash but I'm unable to access underneath to install backup washers and nuts. So I would need to screw and epoxy the mount to the dash. It would be ideal to use the suction mount style on the inside of my windshield. I'm just hesitant on how well they hold when pounding through chop. Does anyone use the suction cup style?

Use stainless toggle bolts or well nuts to secure where you cant get behind. Unfortunately either method means drilling large holes. If you wanted to change things afterwards it would be problematic. The best solution would be to buy a piece of 1/2 - 3/4 nch starboard and have it cut to size for the top of your dash. Secure the starboard to the top of the dash using toggles or well nuts. Mount everthing on the top of your dash to the starboard. Mount with counter sunk bolts from underneath the starboard. Then if you want to change things in the future you will only have small holes in the starboard. You can easily replace the starboard if it becomes unsightly because of too many changes. That way you only have one permanent set of holes in your dash and you can change your mounting options many times without having to punch new holes in your dash.

Last edited:
Back